benjamin ➳ injury

"ben!"

"ben!"

you screamed as the arrow flew from the bow towards the sandy haired boy. he had been helping to teach you how to shoot bow and arrow because you weren't very good at it, all the fighting you did was with your hands. the sharp arrow hurtled towards the boy and you yelled at him loudly to move out of the way.

benjamin dived out of the way, trying to avoid the hit. the arrow grazed the bottom of his pants, causing a slight tear in the material but no injury to his skin. however, he landed on the hard ground with a thump.

"ben!"

you yelled again, hurtling towards him, landing on your knees next to him and grabbing his hand. you looked over his face to make sure that he was alright and pushed some of his hair out of his face.

"i'm so sorry."

you told him, the fear of almost hurting him fading away as you saw that he was okay and not hurt. the thought of him getting hurt was hard for you to handle, especially if it was your fault. his brown eyes met yours and he smiled up at you, a rather beautiful smile. he was amazed at the way you were so worried about almost hurting him, he found it almost humouress because he could never have stayed angry at you. he cared too much.

"it's ok. to injure an opponent is to injure yourself."