daryl and jesus ➳ nostalgic

"hey daryl

"hey daryl."

jesus said, grabbing the rednecks attention as they walked through a green field together searching for food and anything that the hilltop or alexandria could use. jesus was feeling nostalgic and the surroundings reminded him immensely of the first day he had met daryl. it had been an important day in his life because even though he didn't show it, he really cared about daryl. 

daryl grunted in response to the long haired man, not looking back to where he was standing. the same thoughts were running through his head, although he was trying not to dwell on them because were jesus was very open to his feelings, daryl was closed off and had been taught by the actions of people who had surrounded him before, like his father and brother, to repress them.

"this is like when we first met. remember, you chased me."

jesus had an amused tone to his voice and daryl fought very hard to hold back his grin. daryl turned around and saw that jesus had began to move, bobbing from side to side as if he was avoiding daryl's attack, trying to re-enact the first time they had met. jesus clearly wanted daryl to join in the comedic roleplay but he stood still instead. until, jesus' movements became slower and he clearly thought his cause was lost. that was when daryl decided to move sideways, copying jesus before springing forwards. he didn't often act like that but if he was going to, why not with the man who made he heart miss a beat, not that he would admit it. they both fell down, jesus grabbed onto daryl's leather vest and somehow they changed positions so that when they landed with a thump onto the ground, jesus landed on top of daryl.

they were very close then and the tension seemed to build up in the air around them. daryl was uncomfortable, but not because of the warm and electricity the man brought with him, because of his own offish attitude to his feelings. jesus wanted to lean down a little bit more and see if the mans rough lips felt like he had imagined they had against his.

a few awkward seconds passed before daryl coughed and looked up at jesus with nerves running through his body.

"you can get off me now."