daryl dixon ➳ flinch

daryl flinched visibly as he watched negan heat you violently with his wire covered baseball bat

daryl flinched visibly as he watched negan heat you violently with his wire covered baseball bat. as soon as he had been thrown out of the truck onto the dirty ground and he had saw your fear stricken face, he had been completely worried. the whole time of waiting negan to decide who to kill, he had been praying to himself that it was him instead of anybody else, instead of you.

because he loved you. he had barely loved any people in his life. only his brother and then the people who had became his family after everything went to shit but he had never felt anything for anybody near what he felt for you. he wanted you to survive, he wanted to protect you. he had only began to hope for a cure when he thought of the life he could have with you in a normal world. he felt the happiest when he saw your wide grin or your laughing feautures.

he had never felt worse than when negan brought lucille down harshly upon your head, knocking you to the ground immediately and causing you to scream out. his eyes had widened and his jaw dropped, he couldn't make a sound at first because he was stuck in a massive state of disbelief. then, the tears had came to his eyes and he had began to make small noises, little sobs.

seeing the blood pouring down your face, hearing your skull crack and seeing the pain in your eyes. watching you get tortured and die, there was nothing that could have been worse than that because he loved you so fiercely that he could not even consider living without you.

and that's why he sprung forwards and punched negan, even though he wanted to do a lot worse than that to the evil man.