daryl dixon ➳ vulnerable

"daryl!"

"daryl!"

you exclaimed as you opened the lock of the dingy cell that he was being kept it. after what negan had done, everybody had either went back to the hilltop or alexandria but you had made it your mission to try and find daryl and eventually you did. you had snook around the sanctuary with a lot of difficulty and eventually realised that dwight was in charge of keeping daryl locked up. after that, you just had to wait for the right moment to take his key and find daryl's cell.

he looked up at you in shock, not believing that you were even there. for a moment he thought that he was imagining it, that he had finally gone crazy because that fucking song was still playing over and over again and that alone was making him want to die.

you gasped at the sight of him. he had always been daryl dixon, strong and firm, never taking shit from anybody. yet, there he was naked and dirty in the corner, his bare body pressed against the stone wall as he huddled into himself. you propelled yourself over to him, putting your hands on his arm and kissing his head.

you were freaked out because he looked so vulnerable and you had never seen him like that before. it made you want to cry. and you sure as hell hoped that once you got him out of that dump, you would never see him like that again.