Wolvenpraire

Chapter Six

WolvenPraire

I lay on my bed still; not going to sleep, not wanting to wake Emily-rose; who was snoring peacefully above me. I thudded my head against the bar of the bed. I had been waiting for Raphael for the past fifteen minutes. He should've been here by now. I was anxious, to say the least...and a bit paranoid. Every-time I closed my eyes...

God, the eyes.

Earlier tonight, I thought I saw him. That guy, from the woods . . . but I hadn't; I couldn't have, right? I must've imagined it.

Just as that thought passed through my mind a sudden, soft, 'rap-rap-rap' came from the door. I sat up and froze. Could it possibly be him...? My heart beat unsteadily, at the thought of it being another pale-guy from the woods.

The knock came again. With a renewed mindset I got up quietly and approached the door. I was being silly. Of course it was Raphael. He did say he would meet me tonight.

Slipping my feet into my converse I cautiously pulled open the door. There, standing on the front patio of the cabin stood a tan, leather-jacket encrusted, emerald-eyed Greek god. Raphael. I found myself blushing as he looked me over.

Thank god he couldn't read minds.

I slowly came out, closing the door behind me. Wrapping my arms around me, I waited for him to say something. His hands were thrust into his pockets and he was giving me a curious look.

"Are you cold?" He asked. Shakily, I shook my head no.

"I'm fine." I lied. He didn't look convinced but he didn't press me on it. He held out his hand for me to take.

"C'mon. We can't talk here." He said. Taking his hand he led me down the cabin stairs and across the camp into the woods. We didn't go far. As soon as we passed the first couple of trees he stopped and dropped my hand.

I tried to ignore the pitter-patter of my heart, the cold wind and the dark, looming trees that surrounded us in the forest. Mostly, I tried not to think about...Zauraus. I mean, he was dead right? No point being scared over someone who was dead.

"Peyton..." Breathed Raphael, closer to me now. His woodsy scent was engulfing me.

"Yeah?" I breathed. He gave me a meaningful look.

"Promise me, promise me that you won't scream, or run." He commanded.

Shakily, I nodded. Basically, I lied.

"Fine... I promise."

Looking hesitant, he took a couple steps back until he was barely touching a huge oak tree. Then, he took off his jacket. He threw it on the forest bed. I looked at him curiously, but he ignored me, and began tugging his shirt over his head.

My cheeks heated up as I slowly looked away. Okay this was awkward. I twisted my body to a side and fiddled with the sleeves of my sweater, all the while listening to the thumping of my heart. Surely he didn't bring me out here to give me a show.

"For the record if you brought me out here to rape me, I know kun-fu..." I called jokingly, backing him; of course I didn't know kun-fu, but this was kind of awkward.

I felt like running back inside our cabin; but my gut feeling was telling me to stay. I pressed my hand to my chest, feeling my heart-beat's pitter-patter.

Suddenly, a cold wind swept across my cheek.

'You can turn around now.' Said a certain voice, and I startled. Where had that come from? It wasn't audible; it was like...I had heard something...inside of my head.