Secrets Revealed

Twenty-Five

Secrets Revealed

Peyton's p.o.v

       I first became aware that I was awake, when I felt the glow of warm sunlight on my cheeks. I didn't move; I simply soaked in the warmth around me. The room smelled clean; rainforest clean, like the trees after the rain. Fresh; I smelled beautiful spring. I inhaled deeply, feeling relaxed and peaceful.

     My bed was incredibly silky and warm. Huh. Usually our beds at camp weren't so incredibly comfortable...and the pillows weren't so fluffed and soft...I let out an audible sigh. Maybe I was dreaming.

    It was then then I went for a snuggle-and suddenly, I realised. I couldn't move. I tried again. I was stuck between something. What the-something long, warm and vise-like was wrapped around my waist. My eyes snapped open.

   "That's weird.." I muttered in my morning voice, taking in my unfamiliar surroundings. Since when were the walls forestry-green? And...I glanced upwards, only to have the velocity of my heartbeat increase. Oh. My. God. What happened to Emily-Rose's bed?

     I was about to have a freaking bear attack, when suddenly, it all came back to me. I looked out Raphael's window at the beautiful, wet trees outside, shining with early morning dew. Of course. I wasn't at camp-I was at Raphael's house!

In his room!

    After I stopped feeling incredibly stupid about not remembering where I was, I felt my insides begin to cramp up with butterflies, and killer moths. Nervously, I tried to digest them. Make them go away. It was then that I also remembered everything else from last night...Raphael's kiss...to his heartbreaking story about his brother.

My chest panged.

     It was such a sad story. Raphael loved his twin brother...but he didn't love him back. In fact, he tried to kill him. No wonder Raphael was so..dark all the time. But he opened up to me. I finally knew his secrets...but what did that make us? Were we a couple? We'd kissed twice, and we had become pretty close. He admitted that...he had feelings for me.

That was when I remembered his mother's warning last night; about how him and Aleara were soul mates. I rolled my eyes at this. Oh please.

      I tried to turn over on my other side, only to find that a huge, warm body was firmly pressed up against mine, making it very difficult for me to move. I gasped softly, as my face grew warm with a hot blush. Oh. My. God. My eyes widened. He was here. In the bed.

Next to me.

Had we-

Did I-

Oh my God. I had to wake him up.

    Shaken with borderline nervousness and anxiety, I tried to pry his arm away from my waist, whilst calling his name.

   "Raphael...oh my God, Raphael, wake up.." I urged, but he wouldn't budge. His heavy arm remained firmly strapped around my waist, unmoving. I wished I could turn and see his face. I was getting desperate here, and I really hoped that what I suspected happened last night-

    "Are you always so grumpy in the morning?" Asked a husky voice behind me, and I shivered as his hot breath fanned the back of my neck. I became speechless for a minute or two, at a loss for words. His voice sounded really good...

    "Or just around me?" He mumbled sleepily, and I flushed, regaining my senses.

   "You need to get up." I urged, still trying to pry his arm away. He was silent for a minute or two.