Prologue

Edwardus stood in the corner across the room watching her every move

Edwardus stood in the corner across the room watching her every move. Jealousy clenched his stomach when he saw her smiling up at the man she was dancing with. He wanted to be the only one to receive her smiles.

Leave her alone Edwardus, you know she deserves to be happy. You can't offer her what she deserves.

His hands clenched and unclenched at his side as he fought the need to go to her. When she threw her head back in laughter as she hopped around the room to the beat of the two steps dance he held his breath when he saw the transformation of her face.

She really is so beautiful.

Just then the music changed to something a little slower and more intimate. He saw her glancing around the room as if searching for someone. She shook her head at her dance partner indicating she didn't want to dance anymore. As she turned and started walking off the dancefloor Edwardus found himself walking towards her as soon as the lights dimmed.

He grabbed her hand and heard her surprised gasp as she looked up at him. She obviously felt the energy flowing through them as well. He pulled her back to the middle of the dancefloor just as the music for the nightclub two steps started. They kept their eyes on each other with every step they took and when he had to hold her and pull her to him, each time they came together he managed to pull her just a little closer.

After about seven minutes of the nightclub two steps the music changed yet again to something else. They found themselves thrown into the country swing and he could see the surprised look on her face when he didn't miss a step.

"I didn't know you were such a great country music dancer" she said to him.

"Neither did I" he replied with a quick wink.

He smiled as the laughter bubbled right on up out of her. When he dipped her his face was so close, all he had to do was move in an inch more and kiss her. He brought her back to a standing position and kept his arms around her. She had a flush look on her face but there was no missing the desire blazing in her eyes.

"Stop looking at me like that" he ordered

"How am I looking at you?"

"You know how and if you don't stop I won't be able to control myself"

"Good. I was wondering when you would loose control"

He clenched his teeth and tried to step back her next words had him stand in place and almost floored him.

"Don't run away from me. You're not the only one that's scared. I'm not, I don't want to run anymore alright? You've awoken something in me that's been very much dormant for the past few years and I don't want to ignore that."

"Rose" he placed his forehead against hers and closed his eyes. "You have no idea how much I want to just claim you for myself right now, but I just can't promise you forever"

"If now is all you have to offer...I'll take it"

He was shocked to say the least. He searched her face for something anything that would tell him she was bluffing but he found nothing.

Without a second thought he took hold of her hand and lead her off the dancefloor, through the crowd of people and outside into his Mercedes. He only left go of her hand to help her into the car but as soon as he climbed in next to her he reached for her hand again and held it as they drove along the empty roads to the beach house. Lucky for them there was no traffic thanks to almost the whole town being present at the dance tonight.