Chapter 19

Edwardus realized two things before Rose turned and ran out of his office

Edwardus realized two things before Rose turned and ran out of his office. One she didn't need his money because she already had a check in her name in the amount of three point five million dollars and two he still didn't want her to leave even though she was clearly lying about being pregnant with his child.

By the time he ran after her she had already been swept away by the elevator which only left him to call security to hold on to her until he could get downstairs.

As the elevator open he could hear her yelling at the guards to leave her alone.

"I've got it" he said to them.

"Get away from me!" She yelled at him.

He could see persons beginning to gather around to see what was happening.

"Calm down"

"Don't you dare tell me to calm down!"

"Rose"

"Don't! I flew all the way here to see you! Now that I'm here I don't even know who you are. On top of that you're treating me like you have no idea who I am. You called me a bitch and a liar"

Startled gasps and murmurs could be heard all around them.

"Come with me"

"No!"

"I'll listen to everything you have to say but here is not the place"

"Edwardus?"

Just when I thought things couldn't get worse.

He turned to see his soon to be fiancé walk into the building looking as regal as ever.

"Tabitha, what are you doing here?"

"I need an invitation to come and have lunch with my fiancé?"

She walked over to him and placed a light kiss on his cheek.

Everything that happened after that happened so fast he barely had time to react.

Now as he paced the hallway of a private section of the hospital he wondered how he would fix all this mess. Tabitha had a million and one questions about who Rose was but he was not ready to answer any. So instead he told her Rose is a close friend. When he got to the hospital the doctors were giving Rose a checkup and wouldn't let him into the room. She had surely scared him half to death when she fainted so suddenly.

He turned at the sound of the door and rushed over to the doctor. The man tried his best to answer all his questions but was clearly flustered to be standing in the presence of a royal. He walked into the room as the doctor rushed off to run some test. He saw Rose glance at him but rolled onto her side thus turning her back to him as he entered.