The Objection

"I object." The whole court looked at Melusine, her long, blond braid hanging over her heavily armoured shoulders. "This should not cause our downfall." The whole court was staring now. Her stubborn, stone cold personality would not yield until she got the answer she needed.

"And why is this, Melusine?" king Cernanous asked sternly. He looked at her strongly, his bold green eyes locking into hers.

"The raging plague should not be the cause of war between our two lands." Melusine felt very strongly for her opinion. Like a sword stuck in stone, she wouldn't give in easily. The king frowned, then turned to one of his fellow knights.

"Djinn's army is too strong. The only thing keeping him from destroying us is our children." Melusine sighed at the king's point. The children. The poor, poor children. "It won't be long before my darling Lilith will be chosen. Arianhod's son Valkyr was chosen the past Friday. Poor Valkyr. I was sure he would make a great knight like his father, one day." Melusine gulped as the king continued to speak. "War is the only thing that may stop our constant struggle. The villagers are raging about what is happening to their children." he continued. "And the plague is causing them to drop like flies. I had one drop at the palace gate, the other day." Melusine sat in her emerald encrusted chair and stared blindly at the other members of the court. She could tell they agreed with the King's argument.

"I will defeat him." The King's interest fell towards Melusine. "I, Melusine, daughter of Gwaredd Annwn, will personally defeat Djinn."

The king frowned in disbelief. "What about the plague? The plague displays just as must trouble as Djinn." Melusine leaned back in her chair, running her fingers down the blade of her sword. "I will find a cure." Melusine sounded truthful, as if this dangerous deed could be completed.

"You, Melusine, will risk your life to prevent the war and stop the plague? To save the children?"

She nodded, her emerald blue eyes sparkling in hope. "Yes, your honour. I will personally travel across the seven realms to restore peace and serenity." The King smiled at Melusine, a hint of faith spilling across his perfect looking face.