five

if i dangle that diploma and i dead you don't be surprised

harry was in his literature class with liam when the fourth bell rung loudly, students going silent once their teacher began to speak. it's been four months since school started and the curly-headed boy couldn't have been happier. especially with louis in a few of his classes.

harry felt his cheeks burn as he thought of the blue-eyed boy.

harry turned to his right when he felt liam poking his side. "you alright?" the brown-eyed boy asked.

"yeah, i'm fine." harry smiled at his friend. liam nodded, "okay then, mr. bug said we're going to do a small project and we could do it with a partner or group so wanna do it with me?" harry was quick to nod his head, the two friends shared a smile and turned back to the teacher.

the green eyed boy had always struggled when it came to paying attention. he didn't have adhd or anything like that, but he'd always end up lost in his thoughts. harry had good grades, mostly a's and b's in his classes, with a 'c' once in a while, and he was still proud of himself.

harry sighed when he realized that he'd spaced out again and he might've missed something important that mr. bug said. "okay then, choose a group with no more than four people." the tall man announced and the students scatter around the classroom.

"so what're we doing?" asked harry, completely confused on what to do. "we just have to make a small powerpoint on an endangered species." liam explained, flipping his notebook to the next blank page and grabbed his pen.

"which animal should we work on?" the brown-eyed boy mumbled to himself and began to write down a list of endangered animals. the two talked about which animal they should pick and finally decided on penguins after arguing about sea turtles or pandas.

harry leaned over and kissed the pouting boy's cheek. "let's continue working, li." harry smiled as he took the pencil from liam and wrote down why climate change had a huge impact on penguins.

♡♡

"good thing that we have lunch next," liam smiled at harry as he packed his things away. "yup," the green-eyed boy agreed and looked at the time. he was about to speak when mr. bug came up to the two and tapped on his desk. liam and harry looked up and grinned at their teacher, "hey mr. bug."

"hello boys," the tall man smiled at the boys before turning to look at harry," i need to talk to you after class, it'll only take a few minutes." harry nodded in response and watched as mr. bug went back to his desk.

harry turned to look at liam who just shrugged. the bell rung a minute later and the students left the class in a hurry. "do you want me to wait outside?" liam asked as he stood up from his desk. "no it's fine, you can go with niall and i'll see you in a few minutes."

liam nodded and said a quick 'bye' before leaving the room. harry stood up from his seat, making sure his skirt wasn't raised up too high before walking up to mr. bug's desk.

"is something wrong?" the bambi-like boy asked, confusion clearly in his tone. "no," mr. bug typed something in his laptop looking up at harry with a reassuring smile before he became serious. harry wasn't used to his literature teacher's strict side since mr. bug was one of those few laid-back teachers in school and he'd joke around with his class.