nineteen

it was the sound of the chirping birds outside his window and the warm pair of arms wrapped around him that woke harry up. he carefully moved so he wouldn't wake up the sleeping boy and rested his head on louis' chest, the soft beating of his heart putting him at ease.

louis shifted and his eyes opened a few minutes later and let out a yawn. "morning, love," he spoke in a voice thick from sleep, smiling at harry who returned a dimpled smile and rested his head on louis' chest. "good morning, lou," harry mumbled and grabbed one of louis' hands before intertwining their fingers.

"you know what i want for breakfast?" the boy with bright blue eyes asked with a grin, continuing when harry hummed in response, "cereal." the curly headed boy sat up on the bed with a slight bounce, "cereal sounds amazing, and we can watch cartoons too!" he beamed. "i'm gonna go to the bathroom real quick," harry pecked louis' cheek before he left to the said destination.

a while later after doing their morning business and deciding what cereal to eat, harry and louis found themselves sitting indian style on the couch with cereal bowls in their lap and grey's anatomy playing on the telly.

"i don't like meredith," harry blurted out and shoved a spoonful of cheerios into his mouth. "why not?" louis raised his brow in amusement. "i don't wanna say. i feel like it's too mean, and i like christina better." louis shook his head in laughter, almost spitting out his chocolatey cereal out on his lap. "well, she's the main character so you'll just have to get used to her, baby." louis grinned and turned to kiss harry's cheek.

harry was about to respond when the door unlocked and the two boys turned to look at the newly brunette niall. "there you are. i've missed you!" niall shrieked before running to throw himself at harry. "i've missed you too, and i like the new hair," the green eyed boy complimented and picked at a lock of brown hair.

"aw, thanks haz. your curls are amazing as always," niall began and looked at louis when he cleared his throat. "hey, louis. i've missed you too, surprisingly," niall smiled at the blue eyed boy who returned the gesture. "it's only been about a day," louis chuckled, but accepted the side hug niall offered.

"how come you aren't at school?" harry asked with a curious look and tilted his head to the side. "well, i told mom that i was sick, and i was! i had a headache this morning so i was like, why not go over to harry's?" niall shrugged with a large smile and took the rest of harry's cereal before grimacing at the "healthy" cereal in the bowl and gave it back.

"and liam?" louis decided to asked the blue eyed boy while he made himself comfortable between them. "you know how he is, that boy worries about walking into class five minutes late. do you think he'd really ditch class at all?" niall couldn't help but laugh at the thought.

louis and harry stared at the laughing brunette with smiles and shook their heads. "liam's a good kid," louis admitted with a small shrug. "oh! tell me how your date with him went," harry changed the topic with a beam and scooted closer to niall, louis was interested too, but he'd never tell the irish boy that.

"it went really well. we went to this small italian restaurant and the food was delicious! but anyway, liam was so sweet the whole time and he's just so adorable," niall sighed and harry showed him a bright smile, feeling happy for his friends. "did you guys do anything else?"

"after the restaurant, he took me to an arcade and i definitely won, but he won't admit it 'cause he's a sore loser, a very cute and adorable sore loser," niall giggled and hugged the two boys from the excitement he felt.