nine

will i catch up to love? i could never tell

it was around five in the afternoon and harry was baking a batch of cookies for his friends that would arrive soon, the bare necessities playing softly in the background

the curly haired boy took the first few cookies out of the oven when there was a knock on the door. "i'll get it!" he removed his pink oven mitts with little cupcakes on them before walking over to the door. harry checked through the little peep hole to see who it was, a grin forming on his lips when he saw liam standing with a duffle bag in his hand.

"hey lima bean!" harry greeted when he opened the door, stepping aside for the brown eyed boy to step in. "hi haz," liam smiled back and removed his shoes, placing them next to his bag. "it smells really good," he sniffed the air and followed harry into the kitchen.

"i'm baking cookies," harry smiled as he shoved his hands into his oven mitts and placed the second batch of chocolate chip cookies in the oven.

"sweet," liam chirped, taking a cookie from the tray and took a bite. harry hummed in response as he began to put the warm pastries in his cookie jar once they've had enough time to cool down.

"oh my gosh, i have something to tell you guys!" harry squealed and took a cookie for himself. "sounds great," liam responded once he finished with his cookie and grabbed another one from the cookie jar.

not long after, the door bell began to ring constantly. liam and harry turned to look at each other with knowing looks before running to the door. "lads!" niall's thick irish accent could be heard from outside the door. "i brought snacks," the blonde cheered as he entered harry's house.

niall hugged both of his friends before dropping his over night bag next to liam's. the three walked to the kitchen, harry took out the second batch of cookies while niall and liam shoved cookies in there mouths.

harry turned the oven off and grabbed a cookie, feeling satisfied with how they turned out when he took a bite.

"hello niall and liam," anne grinned when she entered the room to make a cuppa. "hi momma anne," the two greeted with a wave. "do you plan on eating dinner or?" she laughed as the three munched on the warm cookies.

"no need, i brought lots of snacks so we'll eat that instead," niall explained as he pointed at the bag filled with chips and sugary treats. "what if i make something simple then?"

"like mac 'n cheese?" harry suggested, the three almost bouncing in there seats from excitement. anne nodded her head and smiled when the boys agreed. "i'll call you down when it's ready," the woman turned to begin making mac and cheese while the three friends rushed up the stairs and into harry's room, the door slamming behind them.