seventeen

saturday afternoon, harry packed his small duffle bag with everything he would need for the sleep over happening later on at niall's house. the green eyed boy sat at his vanity table, brushing his curly locks and humming softly to himself when a knock was heard on his bedroom door.

harry placed his brush down before turning in his seat, "come in." anne popped her head in and smiled at her son, "hey sweetheart, you ready?" she asked as she walked in and went to take a seat on the bed.

"i'm ready," harry smiled back to his mum and he stood up to go sit next to her, cuddling into the woman's side. "well, whenever you're ready to go, just come and tell me, yeah? unless you want me to drop you off now?"

"maybe now since it's getting darker now and i don't want you out late at night, momma," harry mumbled and anne smiled, leaning down to kiss her precious son's soft curls.

"fair point, my little one," anne nodded and waited for harry to stand up before she did so herself, "i'll be waiting for you in the living room, ok?"

with a nod from harry, anne left his room and he hurried to grab the last few things he needed before leaving his room.

it wasn't long before the curly headed boy arrived at niall's house, kissing his mum goodbye on the cheek before leaving the car. he waved once more to anne as he walked to the front door and getting out the house key niall gave him a while back.

it was usually quiet, except for whenever niall laughed and the loud sound of video games was heard on the telly which was most of the time, in the horan house hold as the blond's older brother, greg, moved out so it was only maura and her younger son.

"hello harry," maura came out with a soft smile. "how're you?" she asked as the two hugged before stepping away. "good, thank you. and you?" the green eyed boy smiled back at the kind-looking woman in front of him.

"i'm good too. the boys are in niall's room," maura told him. harry thanked her before he made his way to the said room and knocked on the blond's door before he walked in.

"haz!" niall chirped as he sat up from where he laid on his bed with liam. "hey guys," the boy waved with a smile, dropping his bag on the floor before sliding off his shoes and making his way to the bed.

niall crawled over to harry and brought the boy close in a hug. "it's been so long since we've seen you," niall whined as he let go of the boy. "we just hung out yesterday before school and lunch," the green eyed boy giggled.

"we know, but we've missed you," liam pouted as he laid on his belly. "we're here now so lets have fun!" the three cheered and stood up from the bed before rushing out of niall's room and into the kitchen.

they went through the fridge and cabinets looking for any food they could find before taking what they've found and went back to niall's room.

"lets just dump it all here," niall sat on the floor and dumped the treats on the floor, liam and harry following after the blond. "what now?" liam asked with a chuckle. "we sit here and eat 'til we're fat," niall shrugged, reaching over the pile of food and opening a packet of chocolate biscuits and shoving some in his mouth before offering some to his best friends.

"isn't that we do everytime we sleep over?" harry laughed as he took a few gummy bears from a packet. "have you not seen liam? we need to fatten him up," niall patted said boy on the shoulder. "what do you mean?" liam laughed as he gently shoved the irish boy.