sixteen

"is that you, lou?" a woman's voice was heard from what harry believed to be the kitchen. "yes mum, who else could it be?" his boyfriend answered back while harry admired the interior of the house that looked homey and welcoming with the cream colored walls and the warm beige furniture in the living room.

"and who could this be?" the voice caught harry's attention and he turned to look at the woman standing in front of them who looked a lot like louis. a warm blush made its way to harry's cheeks when he realized that he has yet to answer but thankfully louis stepped in.

"mum, this is harry, my boyfriend," louis answered fondly with a proud smile and placed a hand on the small of harry's back to bring him forward.

"

hi, my name's jay. you're so cute!" jay beamed and brought harry in for a hug. though he was surprised from the gesture, harry hugged the woman back with a smile. jay pulled back and cooed as she brought her hands up to harry's face and pinching his cheeks just like his grandma joe would.

"mum!" louis groaned and pulled harry back to his side. "dinner should be ready in about a half hour. louis, why don't you show harry around while i finish up cooking?" louis nodded and jay smiled once more at harry before walking away to the kitchen.

"your mum is so nice," harry said with a small smile when they were alone. "you see, love? she really liked you, in fact, i think she may like you more than me," louis chuckled as he took harry's hand and took him up to his room.

harry giggled and shook his head as he followed louis into his room. louis sat on his bed and patted the spot next to him. with a smile, harry went to his boyfriend and sat before looking around the room with grey walls, a study desk stacked with a few books and loose papers in the corner, a book shelf on the opposite wall, and a few band posters scattered around here and there.

typical boy room, but harry loved how it seemed so much like louis and his smell was overwhelming in the room. louis scooted back until his back was resting against the headboard and gestured harry over with open arms.

the green eyed boy turned to crawl into the older boy's arms and sighed in content when louis began to play with his hair. "i could stay like this forever," the blue eyed boy whispered gently, twirling a curly lock. "me too," harry replied in a soft voice, feeling sleepy from how louis was playing with his hair.

they stayed like that for twenty minutes, just the two of them laying next to each other and talking quietly until the boys heard jay call for them about how dinner was ready.

with a groan, louis stood up with harry and both made their way down stairs to the dining room where there was food that smelled delicious.

"can i help?" harry asked when jay walked in holding their plates. jay placed a strand of loose hair behind her ear once she set the plates down and turned to look at harry with a smile, "it's alright, darling. i just finished so you take a seat and tell me more about yourself."

with tinted cheeks, harry took a seat next to louis who took his hand up to his lips and placed a lingering kiss on his knuckles. harry grinned at his boyfriend and leaned in to peck his cheek.