twelve

i feel like i'm glued on tight to this carousel

"where are we going?" harry chirped, turning away from the window and looked at the boy with piercing blue eyes beside him. "it's a surprise," louis smiled at harry when the car stopped at a red light.

"can i have a clue?" harry giggled, an ed sheeran song playing softly in the background. "hmm," louis tapped to the rythm on the steering wheel, "well.. it has something to do with balance," the feather haired boy grinned as he listened to the younger boy whine about how clumsy he is.

"you must really not like me," the green eyed boy joked, twirling the rose in between his thumb and index finger. "you know.." harry smiled down at the rose, "you're the first person to have given me a rose."

"really?" the chestnut brown haired boy asked in surprised, hearing the small hum from harry in response. "well then, i'm honored to be the first." the two giggled. the car soon began to slow down and harry looked out in excitement to see people walking around, wrapped in cozy sweaters and scarfs to protect them from the cold.

"where are we?" harry asked as he unbuckled his belt once the engine of the car was turned off. "you'll see," louis grinned and opened the car door on his side, about to get out but stopped when harry was about to open his door as well, "wait a second," the blue eyed boy put his hand up and quickly exited out the car and went over to the younger boy's side before opening the door for him.

"thanks," harry smiled before stepping out. "we'll have to walk a little until we arrive to the fun part of tonight!" louis took the smaller boy's hand in his and the two walked closely, their warm body heat keeping them warm.

about five minutes later, harry saw an outdoor ice skating rink surrounded by pine trees decorated with fairy lights, lamp posts tied in red ribbon, and a song harry didn't recognize playing from the speakers. "do you like it?" louis smiled at the boy who looked amazed at the view in front of him. harry turned to look at louis with a wide smile and grinned, "i love it!"

"well then, let's get our skates!" louis chuckled and lead harry to a bench, "wait here, i'll be quick." the blue eyed boy smiled at his partner before walking to the middle aged man sitting behind the skate booth. louis greeted the man with a smile before asking for two pairs of skates and thanking the man once they were handed to him, quickly paying him before walking back to harry who was staring at the people skating in awe.

with a mishievous smirk, louis quietly sneaked up behind harry before setting his hands on the boy's shoulders and lightly shook him, "boo!"

harry squeaked and leaped forward, turning to look at louis who was chuckling in amusement. "you're such a meanie!" the doe eyed boy pouted a little before he began to giggle as he watched louis laugh. harry couldn't help but feel like the happiest boy in the world when he sees louis laugh, and that was enough for him, to see the older boy happy.

"you are just too cute, love," louis smiled and took a seat. "come sit," he patted the empty spot next to him and set aside his pair of skates, "i'm gonna put them on you, yeah?"

harry bit back a smile and nodded, watching as louis kneeled in front of him and slid his boot off his foot, his white socks with little pink hearts exposed. "cute," louis smiled up at harry before sliding the white skates on carefully so he wouldn't get a cut from the blade. once harry had both skates on, louis tied the laces before sliding his own sock-covered feet into the black skates he got.