eighteen

"suspension, louis william tomlinson! i can't believe it," jay ranted as she opened the door to their house. louis sighed and dropped his bag on the floor, kind of tired of listening to his mom rant ever since the two got in the car.

"mom, if you knew why i did it, you wouldn't be as mad, i think. you should've heard the things he was saying to harry," louis mumbled, his jaw clenching and he shook his head. "harry? oh dear. is he ok?" jay frowned and pulled louis over to sit on the couch. "honestly, i don't know right now. i've never seen him that bad, but i think he'll be fine, i hope," louis sighed and ran a hand through his hair.

"i'm just glad that you two are ok," jay hugged louis tightly. "you should go call harry now and check up on him," the woman suggested and louis nodded before standing up from the couch. "thanks mum," he smiled and went to go to his room. "oh, and by the way, you're grounded!" he heard jay call out and with a laugh, the blue eyed boy closed the door to his room.

louis sat down on his bed and took out his phone from his pocket, unlocking it before dialling harry's number. a frown crawled onto his lips when there was no answer, so instead he decided to call anne and luckily for him, she picked up after the third ring.

"hey, anne, it's louis," the blue eyed boy greeted and scooted back on his bed to make himself more comfortable. "hi dear, are you ok?" louis looked down at his knuckles covered in bruises and shrugged, "i guess. how's harry doing?"

"well, he was a little jumpy, but i got him to calm down and now he's taking a nap in his room," he heard anne respond quietly and a door being shut gently. "are you letting him go to school tomorrow?"

"maybe not," the woman answered after a few seconds. "is it ok if i could come over tomorrow and see him then?" louis was quick to ask with hope. "don't you have school tomorrow?"

"i kind of got suspended," the boy mumbled. "is this related to why harry was crying in any way?" louis nodded though anne couldn't see and mumbled a 'yes' into the phone. "we'll talk about this later, ok love? you need to get your rest now," anne replied in a motherly tone and the two bid their goodbyes before hanging up.

louis decided to do as anne said and stood up from his bed to pull the covers before laying once again and made himself comfy.

the blue eyed boy didn't realize how tired he was until he was engulfed in the warmth of the blankets and the softness of the bed, falling into a deep sleep.

the next morning, louis was quick to hurry up and change into a clean pair of sweats and pulled a hoodie over his head. he went downstairs and was greeted with his mom in the kitchen making his favorite, blueberry pancakes, which made a smile crawl onto his lips as he thought back to his first date with harry.

"um, i'm gonna go and check up on harry, that ok?" louis asked with a hopeful smile and thanked jay with a kiss on the cheek when she handed him a plate of pancakes. "just make sure you come straight home, you're still grounded," jay reminded with grin and sat next to her son.

"thanks, you're the best," louis beamed and shoved some of the fluffy cake into his mouth. "i know," jay chuckled before drinking the last of her coffee and stood up, "gotta go now, take care and i love you," she kissed his cheek after washing her plates and waved one last time before leaving.

louis smiled as he watched his mom leave and silently finished the rest of his breakfast. the blue eyed boy didn't bother to wash his sticky plate, too much in a hurry to see harry as he rushed out and locked the door, and into his car he went.