CHAPTER 9

Continuation 

"There she is, I guess finally she got some time to come down," said an old woman who is unfamiliar to me, she looked like Shlok's grandmother but why didn't she attend our marriage, whatever I don't have any interest in knowing her issues. With a small smile on my face, I went near her and took her blessings. I think now I have to face another monster in my life....by the way, who she might be exactly. Then I saw papa coming towards me...yes papa, my father in law insisted me to call him as papa which I couldn't reject. With a bunch of keys in his hand, he came close to me and said " beta take this, these are the keys of the house and from today you are the head of this house officially, before... Kavitha used to take care of all these things but when she left us.....it was horrible" Anju from nowhere came in front of us "Dad why are you recalling about all those, just leave it no....where ever Mumma might be but she will always remain in our hearts... right" with that Anjali looked at me with tearful eyes I couldn't decide what to do at this particular emotional moment so I just hugged her.

"Acha agar aap logonki drama katham ho gayi tho koi bahu se ye puche ki vo hamare liye kya bana rahi hein aaj kane pe" "vo dhadhi, aap bhathaiye mein kya banavu aaj" I guess this dhadhi maa is not soo bad unnecessarily I thought she might be another monster in my life. Anjali showed me the way to the kitchen and I immersed myself in preparing the Lunch for everyone.

I took some milk as my breakfast and started cooking Biryani and chicken curry, appreciating my work I turned to get some fruits and vegetables from refrigerator to prepare salad then I saw dhadhi standing near the entrance of the kitchen with a stern look on her face, does she ever laughed I guess Shlok has got all his genes from this dhadhi only. "Bahu mujhe tumse kuch baath karni hein beta " inspecting the food which I made she stood beside me while I was cutting the fruits in different shapes for salad.

Dhadhi: "I guess you already know how Kavitha died right".

Naina: "Nahi dhadhi, I don't know".

Dhadhi: "O Shlok didn't say anything about it ".

Naina: "O... dhadhi, maybe he didn't get any chance to speak about it".

Dhadhi: "Acha, there is nothing serious about it. It's just that she was killed in a car accident attempted by some business rivals to threaten your papa. Shlok was just six years old by that time while Anjali was just two. They got the motherly love just for few years beta and I too was never there for them to take care of them, I know they had craved for this motherly love in their entire life may be even now but there is no one to give that except you.

Me...how can she say that....obviously she never witnessed how Shlok behaves and treats me so there is nothing to get surprised by her words. "I know by listening to my words you are bit tensed but trust me beta from outside Shlok may look very hard and there is nothing to get surprised when anyone says that he is a cold hearted person. Yes, I accept that he became heartless after Simran's betrayal but he does have his reasons for that.

What simran....who is this new character and betrayal oh god this monster is full of mysterious things? I have never in my life came across such a monstrous and mysterious man. God...Please help I guess I am gonna land in a mental asylum for sure.

"Naina...Naina what are you thinking beta?" "O Kuch Nahi dhadhi vo.. mein.. bus... by the way who is this Simran?" Dhadhi maa saw me as if I had got two horns on my head in a fraction of second "you don't know anything about Simran, Shlok didn't say anything about his first love and his broken engagement with that bitch" arre yaar if I would have known about them then why would I waste my time in asking about his stupid broken engagement. When dhadhi maa opened her mouth she was immediately cut off by Shlok's voice who was already standing near the entrance.... god knows from when he was eavesdropping our conversation. He was continuously staring at me as if he saw after thousand years and making me feel tensed and I didn't even realize when he came near us.

"If I kept something in secret with you then that means that you shouldn't know about it and if you want to know anything about me or my past or my lifestyle then you can directly ask me Naina no need of interrogating someone else". What the hell how can he think that I am interrogating about him am I looking like a fool to me.

"No...no shlok beta, I am just talking about random things with Naina that's it, she is not interrogating anything about you beta". "

"Dhadhi can I take Naina with me I need to talk to her" "off course beta" with that dhadhi looked at me and gave me a nod as a sign that I need to go with shlok.

I just really don't want to go with him after what he did with me yesterday night but I am too coward to admit it. Right now I am walking behind him like a lost puppy and there he is, already in front of our bedroom door.

As soon as I entered inside the room I found myself to be pinned to the wall and two hands were holding me from both the sides making me impossible to move.

"What you are thinking about yourself aah....that you can do anything and no one knows about it ah.....tell me dammit" with that he punched the wall beside me and I felt like hiding myself under the bed to avoid his gaze on me but there is no chance of escape for me as he caged me in his tight hold. But why is he doing all this to me what I have done to deserve all these from him? Tears were continuously running down my eyes and I guess my nose had already become like a shade of tomato. "Shlok plss..... " I didn't even complete my sentence before that he kept his one hand over my mouth, indicating me to be silent.

"just for a moment I felt pity for you yesterday and thought not to be very harsh on you but guess what...you proved me wrong, you proved yourself that you are only deserved to be punished. And one more thing don't you ever dare to interfere in my personal life because you are just my namesake wife and nothing more than that" with that he claimed my lips like a thirsty man who had seen a glass of water after a couple of days and one of his hand is torturing my waist while with the other one he caught my hair in his tight grip.

After his torturing session, I made my way to the downstairs where everyone were chit-chatting with each other. I don't want to go over there because I am in no mood to pretend to be happy in front of them as I am dying from inside, I slowly came inside the kitchen and started making the leftover dishes.

Where is this life taking me, I can't bear this anymore, who in this world can explain to him that he is hurting me beyond the limits. It really hurts to feel like a slut of your own husband but who can explain this to him. He is using me and how am I letting him do all this to me I need to fight back......fight back for my self-respect and my dignity.

.

.

.

.

.

.

Naina's pov (in present) :

That day I took a decision to fight back but I was unaware of what was going to happen with me. That decision of mine had changed my life a lot, it made shlok be crueler to me. Sometimes I feel like I am a fool.....A fool to love a person like shlok who didn't leave a single chance to break me. I saw his all shades......shade of cruelty, the shade of love and many which I can't even describe. I don't know why whenever I think about him a small sad smile will crack upon my face, even know.......

TO BE CONTINUED.....

SORRY FOR THE LATE UPDATE.