CHAPTER 22

NAINA'S POV : (AT PRESENT)

It's a nice morning...soo calm, peaceful and what not. Before whenever I used to read someone's story I felt it soo weird about them describing their mornings with all those typical words in the dictionary, like how can someone differentiate their mornings after all everyday sun rises in the east and sets in the west. But today it all made sense, a bloody hell sense. Everything in this world, actually the whole universe is linked to our hearts however the heart feels, the universe responds.

With the same enthusiasm, I left for the classes for today. My life became so simple these days, no much Hungama. Just soo simple with all these kids until my past life pricks me while I tend to get some sleep in the night. And what else I cry to sleep.

"Ma'am, the chairman wants to meet you, he is expecting you in his cabin" one of my colleagues informed me with a small smile.

"yeah sure, ma'am... I will be there. Thank you" saying my students to write an essay on the given topic, I left to meet the chairman.

"There she is, Naina" the chairman cheerfully invited me into his cabin.

"Morning sir, how are you?" I inquired as I am really surprised to see him so happy all of sudden today cause from past few days the orphanage was in a very bad situation due to lack of funds and being the kind man that he is took all the tensions on his head and was immensely worried about the crises and the future of these innocent kids and went to many organizations in the country for seeking some help.

"I am very much fine, Naina. Thank you. By the way, he is Mr. Shlok Agnihotri, CEO of Agnihotri Enterprises." by hearing the name I just felt like my whole world started spinning. Finally, he is here. I know that someday I need to face him but never thought it would be soo soon. How can I face him now while the wounds given by him are still fresh? His name is still echoing in my ears. I don't know till this day after everything that has happened between us, his name could manage still to give me chills down my spine.

"Sir, this is Naina Talwar. One of the best and student-friendly teacher that we could get for our children here." he slowly turned towards me and extended his hand. His eyes were showing numerous emotions but yet his frame was still composed after all he is a business tycoon for a reason.

"Hi, Naina" his hand still extended and waiting for me to respond. With a wobbling hand, I had my hand shaking with his. Thousands of emotions ran in my whole being with his one single touch. I was just staring at his hand remembering all those things he had done to me with this hand of his. The times he slapped me, the times he made love to me, the times he pulled my face with this hand to kiss me, the times he caressed me to sleep, the times he pushed me out of his house. Everything that I ever wanted to forget have had splashed in front of eyes making it difficult for me to sustain in the room as he is instead of running away.

As if understanding my situation I felt him to lightly squeeze my hand but little did he know that none of his actions would ever give me even a tiniest comfort and he would be the last person that I would ever think of getting any comfort from. Gone were those days when I used to never feel bad or tired for waiting all night long to just have a glance at his face before sleeping or when I used to crave for his hands to wrap around me while I rest my head on his chest and have a conversation about how our day went.

"Are you alright, Naina." Mr. Das, the chairman's voice made me come back to reality only to realize that a stream of tears was cascading down my cheeks. Immediately composing myself I made a stoic face and pulled my hand from his grip and turned towards Mr. Das.

"Yes sir" the air became too thick in this room for me to breathe. It was soo difficult for me to make up my mind to accept that he is closely sitting behind me. Like hardly 10 inches next to me. His cologne hit my nostrils making me more aware of his presence. Everything about him is making me go crazy. I just want to run away from here nothing less or nothing more.