CHAPTER 24

Shlok's pov :

How easy its for a man to impose abuse on his woman behind the closed doors of his house. Day after the day when the same woman waited for her man's one lovely smile towards her but was always faced with his brute side and also the same person responsible for having been to crush her dreams of having a happily married life, should that man ever be forgiven for his crimes towards his woman? Can he in the first place ever be able to forgive his own self? Then why the hell am I continuously begging for forgiveness from my Naina? Isn't it appropriate for her to punish me? But will she punish me for my crimes?

Three days passed away since my stay here. She is almost all the time around me but not as my wife, just as the representative of the orphanage and never calls me anything but Sir. "Sir"...the three-letter word which I used to enjoy coming out of her mouth before, as my wicked brain used to think that it would show her, her status in my life but unfortunately now pricks my heart leaving it to bleed to death.

She has changed herself a lot maybe for the better, so no Shlok Agnihotri can hurt her anymore. She lives an average life unlike the daughter in law of Agnihotri's but completely content and may be happy as well until she remembers her old self which she may try very hard to hide behind her now strong persona. Whoever so sees her right now views her as a strong, independent and selfless woman who dedicated herself to the children over here in the orphanage. The bonding that she had with the kids here is astonishing. Some even call her "maa", the term that she couldn't get to hear from our child. It was brutally snatched from her just because of her unconditional love towards me.

Tear after tear ran down my cheeks, 'how easy it is for me to cry over not being able to be forgiven, cry over missing someone who became more than anything to me all of a sudden with an eye-opening truth of her innocence, cry over the images of my utmost brutality towards a helpless woman.... in fact, my woman. Wasn't it my responsibility to keep her safe?
Didn't I promise her to respect, care and trust her throughout our life? Then why couldn't I fulfill any of these? My stupidity had costed us our unborn child's life.'

A knock on the main door made me jolt awake. I slowly walked towards the door to find naina standing there. With a small smile playing on my lips I gave away way to her to enter inside the house. She directly went towards the kitchen searching for the things to make me my dinner. I had a severe digestion issue with the mess food here, I would have gladly adjusted if it's for a day or two but my date of the return journey is not yet decided, So the chairman was soo adamant on having someone to take care of my food. As Naina was already in my assistance during my stay here, she was requested to even take this duty upon which I gladly didn't oppose. I really didn't want to make her work more but couldn't really say no for this alone time with her and to eat the food cooked by her, only I know how much I missed eating her food.

" Is roti, dhal and carrot fry ok for the dinner Sir?" she asked looking straight in my eyes. Her eyes once only held warmth now completely turned lifeless. In spite of she never questioned me about anything that I have done to her, I feel those eyes held many queries which I have to be prepared to answer someday. They have always asked me 'why did you leave me alone at the time I need you the most?' And they sometimes shout at me for ruining her idea of having a perfect family.

"Sir, Can you please answer soon. I don't have all day for this" her irritated voice made me snap out immediately. I tried speaking but no sound came out of my mouth so I simply nodded my head as yes.

I saw her getting busy in her work, mixing the flour, cutting the veggies and etc. It was an amazing feeling to have her hand made food every day something that I have missed for these all years. I have never appreciated her before for the way her food tastes, but now even if I announce it in the mike that 'I love her cooking and it makes me feel home' she wouldn't even give a damn. Someone has told the truth that time can turn the mighty king into a beggar and a beggar into the king.

How can I thank this woman who holds my heart for saving my sister's life and guiding her towards the better life option for her? Anjali is a perfect woman now...husband, child, and a home that she rules. Rishab has turned into a lovesick puppy behind his wife. He wouldn't even dare to raise his voice on her now let alone a single tear run down her eyes.

Six years back when we were studying together he loved a girl too much for his own good but the same person proposed me as well. Being the playboy that I was back then and also unknowing of my friends growing liking towards her, I accepted a relationship with her. It was going fine for a year and a half until she started pressurizing me for me to marry her which I clearly declined and asked for a breakup. And I have no guilt in doing so cause there was never love between us, we were just using each other. She for my money and me for the sex.

After the college ended, I never had any contact with her. But slowly I started discovering that rishab is maintaining his distance with me. I tried asking him numerous times about it but he never responded until one day when he attacked me while I was returning from a party. I clearly remember that day, he pounced on me leaving bruises on my face saying "I will never forgive you for what you did to her" slowly I understood everything as he confessed his feeling for her. But what I didn't expect was her manipulating him by accusing me of physical abuse. Nevertheless, I felt it's all a waste of time and energy for me to convince him of something he believes dearly, so I simply left all that behind and came back to India and joined my father's business. Not long after rishab even joined his father's business too. It took us no time to become business rivals.

Later all the mess of Anju running away with him and their one year of the unhappy championship all the truth came out of how that bitch of a woman had committed suicide cause of her being dumped by her former lover. All along she had used rishab and his love towards her as an investment for the money. It was the couple's plan where she would get into a relationship with rich guys and would extract money from them which would be enough of the couple to live a luxury life. After the breakup with me, she needed someone to fulfill that place so she used our breakup as a tool for gaining sympathy and had successfully created a difference between we friends.

Rishab thinking that the reason for her death was me, thought of using my sister and the love that she has for him since childhood in hurting me. And I don't know how much he would have hurt her during that one year. After knowing the truth it took them quite a few months to settle their relationship. But the news of her pregnancy acted as a catalyst for their marriage. However, I am just soo happy for her and also to get my friend back.

"Dinner is ready Sir, I placed everything on the dining table you can have it whenever you want" she was about to leave but I deliberately caught her left hand with my right. She instantly gave an angry look which I replied with a pained expression and thinking of the way I changed her into made my tears to accumulate in my eyes. Looking at me she didn't say anything but just kept staring at me. I gradually went towards her and took her slowly into my arms and buried my head into the crook of her neck and let my tears run down freely. I sensed her stiffening up and also her fists were balled up at her sides.

"Have dinner with me, please" she started wriggling in between my hands. "Say yes naina, I'll leave you then. Please, have dinner with me. You look soo weak and I can't see you like this. Please naina for God's sake take care of your health"

"It's none of your business, Sir. I suggest you leave me right now before me complaining to the chairman about your misbehaving".

"He needs my money Naina. In fact, not only him but everyone here does and even you know that fact, don't you. So do you think he would say anything to me regarding this?"

"You are never gonna change urself, aren't you? Always finds one way or the other to trap me in. What do you use to call me 'a fucking toy right', I feel exactly the same again"

"Shusshhh, you think a lot... don't you?. I would do anything for us to stay happy" with that I pulled myself away from her and tried setting her hair but my hands were soon smacked by hers.

"Don't touch me, Sir" saying that she maintained a good distance between us. "Don't you dare think that you can take me back with you, I will gladly die before that." Saying that she left the house leaving me speechless and as well thoughtless of what to do to win her back.