T W O

I was standing by the edge of the cliff. The water crashed against the rocks. The cliff had to be over 30 feet high, due to the rocks and the shallow water the fall was not survivable. Thats the reason he threw her body down hear. Maybe he wanted them to think she had drown, or maybe he just wanted to buy time, maybe it was just fucking convenient. Either way, they could not find it. We have been looking but the body has yet to surface. I wonder if they would ever find mine. It would be so easy to jump and end the constant memory's, flash backs. I took a step closer to the edge, should I? It will only make it worse on every one else, but it would just be so easy. I sat down, hanging my feet over the edge.

     "Uh, Hi" I herd a deep voice say behind me.

     I turned around quickly, in a panic. He was tall and some what tan. His light brown hair hung in his face, and stopped at his cheek bones, Karmin would call it a fringe but I don't know if that's the correct term. He gave me a bright smile, his bright green eyes seemed to sparkle compared to mine. I looked him up and down, I'd never seen him before. He looked like he was going through a punk phase, trying to rebel but failing. What if he had no one to rebel from, or maybe he cared to much to disappoint.

     "I'm sorry, I didn't know some one was up here." He apologized, he had a thick accent but I couldn't spot were he was from.

     "How do you know about this place?" I mumbled staring down at the crashing waves.

    "I just kinda found it" he gave off a some what nervous chuckle and rubbed the back of his neck. Why was he nervous? Why is he lying?"How about you?"

     "I have my ways" I mumbled in an extremely low voice. He wants information, he will have to give me some first. Keep your guard up, he is foreign to you. Build your wall higher, and hide.

    "I'm Ace, short for Mason" He said, walking closer to me and extending his hand. I knew what he was doing. This isn't how you get my trust. I'm not that simple.

     "I'm Celeste, but call me Cam" I said looking straight in to his eyes.

     "Cam?" He smirked, raising one slightly bushy eye brow in confusion. 

     "My last name is Cameron" I informed him 

     "Well Cam, what are doing you here?" He smiled sitting next to me. I know what your doing. Stay out of my head, Build your wall higher, Celeste.

     "Just thinking" I responded "what about you" I asked

    "I guess I'm here for the same reason" He hummed he's good, he knows how to hide behind a fake smile. But, who taught him?

     "Were are you from?" His accent was new for this small town. I live in the type of town that you don't leave, but you also don't vacation or move to with no logical reason. This town is isolating, we all dream of leaving, but not many of us have the balls or brains to do it.

      "Ireland, I just moved here a week ago" He mumbled "So, are you gonna tell me why your really here" Not taking no for an answer I see.

      I assumed he knew, maybe he did. Every one in the state new about the wreck, but only the town had figured out who was involved. "Memory's" my voice grew horse.

     "I'm sorry, I didn't Mean to...."

     "No, it's fine" I cut him off "I got to go" I jumped up and grabbed my black jansport back pack. Don't play my game, it's mine.

     " Can I at least get your number?" I  knew what he was doing. I didn't want any one in my head. I'm a mystery that he is seems to be dying to solve. I new better than to fall for it. Yet, I found my self rummaging through my bag for a pin and paper.

    "Thanks" he hummed as I handed him the yellow sticky note.

    I walked through the dense woods for about an hour in order to avoid the car they decided not to retrieve out of the woods. I wasn't ready to face the car, I doubt I'll every be ready.

_________

    "Cam, where have you been? I need your help with dinner." My grandmother said as I walked through the kitchen door.

    "Sorry, I took a walk" I threw my bag on the ground by the door and walked into the kitchen. I picked up a knife out of its wooden holder. 

    " The lawyer called" My grandmother said as we both cut various vestibule and threw them in the huge stainless steel pot.

    "and?" I asked

    "And she said that she wants you kids to testify" my grandmother said looking up from the carrot she was chopping.

     "I cant, I don't remember any thing from the wreck" I said not looking up from the stained wood cutting board.

     "I meant the events before the wreck, abuse and things like that" she threw the carrot chunks into the pot and grabbed another. "We need to prove his abusive behavior some how."

     "I don't want to" I mumbled as I fiddled with the handle of the knife. Grandma took a deep breath and closed her eyes before setting the knife down. "The boys story's will not be any different then mine."

     She turned to face me "Celeste, we are trying to get justice for your sister. The case is week  there isn't a body or a clear story, please just work with me. I really can not imagine losing this." My grandmother pleaded.

"He killed her, he was driving and he murdered her!" Growled

"But there is no proof of murder, and no proof of a motive" My grandmother said.

"Then why is there no body!" I raised my voice as the anger filled me "Why is there no body?" 

"They dont know, that mystery is the only thing keeping his in jail!" My grandmother said in a small helpless voice. "We need proof he is violent, we need to know how he was behind closed doors!"

 "He beat us, yelled at us, and threatened us, I have been told to keep my mouth shut for so long. You think it's easy, like it's a huge fucking relief. He fucking killed her, I didn't have the balls to say shit and she is dead" I stayed calm

 "It's not your.."

  "Shut up, I am not ready to share what happened. Not with the Murder, not with the abuse, not with any of it" I said throwing the knife down. Tears were streaming down my face his words echoed in my head as the formilure flashbacks began to make its way back into my head. 

 "Now, now Celeste we all know what will happen if you tell" he coed in my ear "I'll just inform them of these subtle cuts" he dragged the knife lightly across my wrist as I whimpered. "You will be sent to the loneybin and I'll be getting good use of all those years of drama" he smirked. " your the only one with these cuts, your special. But if this is to much for you I'll be happy to transfer the job to some one else" he grinned, his metallic breath hitting my face.

"Celeste! Celeste!" My grandmother shook me back in forth.

"I'm sorr"

"Karsyn is in the hospital" my grandmother cried grabbing her purse and keys. I grabbed my backpack and shoes and fallowed her lead. Please god, don't let this happen.