T H I R T E E N

I woke up to the sound of yelling "I don't know grandma!" I herd Oliver say, Stress laced his voice along with agrivation.

"I know baby, I just don't want him to win this" I herd my grandmothers fragile voice. As the voices got quiter my interest spiked causing me to jump out of my bed carefully not to wake the sleeping Ace on my floor.

"I can't make her testify, grandma" Oliver reasoned.

"I know, this is hard for her Oli"

"Yeah, its gonna be even harder when he wins" His voice sounded bitter like he just took a bit of something horrible.

"Oliver, he will not win this." My grandmother reassured him.

"Well if she keeps being selfish then....."

I made my way down stairs and into the kitchen. "I will do it! Just please don't let him win" I yelled "This can't be my fault to!" I sunk down to my knees as they both looked at me with shock.

"Celeste, this in no way is your fault" Oliver said as he bent down to rub circles in my back.

"But I know every thing, I could answer all there questions yet I haven't said shit" I cried.

"What do you mean, Hunny" My grandmother asked

"He panicked after the car wrecked, and threw her body off the cliff." I cried into Olivers shirt. "She's dead, I felt her pulse" I felt my brothers tears on the back of my neck as he cradled me.

"I'm going to call the detective" my grandmother said as she walked out of the kitchen.

"Did you see what happened to Margret?" Oliver asked

"She tried to stop him" I sniffles

_________________________

Within the hour, detectives were at our door. Once again I went through the same process, I sat at the kitchen table across from a female and male detective with a tape recorder in between us.

"So you felt her pulse?" A female detective asked.

"Yes, it was extremely faint" I said in a whisper. My brother rubbed my back in a circular motion.

"Is there any chance that she could have survived?" The male detective asked as the female continued to write on a small note pad.

"I wanna say yes, but I just don't see how it could be possible." I muttered as yet another tear once again found there way to my brothers already stained cheeks.

"And you think he through her body off the cliff?" He asked

"Yes....." I said looking down at my bare feet.

"Did you see that happen?" The female looked up from her note pad.

"I saw him walking towards the cliff." I mumbled.

"He carried her?"

"Yes"

"Margret tried to stop him, you said?"

"Yes, he slapped her across the face before walking away from her" I said in a calm yet quite voice.

"Had you been to that area before?" He asked  "how did you know the cliff was there?"

"I later found out" I mumbled

"So you went back to the seen of the Wreck?"

"Yes"

"Why did you lie in the first place?" The female asked

"I......I guess I did not wanna believe she was dead. Every one else had hope, I wanted that to." I mumbled

"Were you awake to call the police?"

"No, I passed at soon after he carried her away" I told them.

"So you faked the memory loss?"

"Yes"

     About five questions later the detectives left.

"I am proud of you Cam." My grandmother gave me a weak smile.

"I wish didn't have to take away your hope." I mumbled

"Baby, false hope is worse then none" she said while giving my shoulders a squeeze and disappearing into the living room.

"Should we tell Karsyn?" Oliver asked

"I don't know yet." I mumbled

"I think he has a right to know." My grandmother said. "We will all go to the hospital tomarrow"

"What happened to your face Hunny?" My grandmother asked as my stomach dropped.

"I'm taking a shower" I mumbled

"Celeste!" My grandmother called after me as I walked up the stairs.

"Hey" Ace said as I entered my room causing me to jump.

"Your still here?" I said with my hand on my heart.

"I told you I wasn't leaving." Ace said

"So you hide in my bed room for two hours?" I asked

"I'm sorry " he said pulling me into a hug. I have no clue why, but I almost safe in this moment. For the first time that day I started to cry, Ace only tightened his grip around me.

"I know it hurts, you did the right thing" he whispered in my ear.

______hours_ later__________

     Hours later I found Ace and I on my bed, his arms still around me.

"Cel, what really happened to your face?" He whispered as he played with my hair.

"I've been going to the underground and fighting" I told him

"Are you getting hurt on purpose?" He asked in a low calming voice.

"Yes" I mumbled. Ace only took a sharp breath before closing his eyes.

"Why did you really go to the cliff that day?" I asked him looking up at him.

"To do something really bad" He whispered.

"Why, did you stop?" I questioned

"Because you gave me hope for some reason. I looked at you and I thought maybe I can help you?" He gave me a weak smile "maybe redeem my self or some shit"

"How's that going for you?" I asked, Ace gave me a slight laugh.

"Why were you really there?" He asked looking down at me.

"I don't know, but part of me really wanted to be with my sister"

"I know it hurts, I lost my Dad a couple months a ago" He said

"How?"

"Well there saying suicide, but I'm pretty sure that's bull shit" he gave another bitter laugh

"Why did you stay after reading that article?" I asked

"Because I think I'm on the verge of really really liking you"