Chapter 17

"You've got to be kidding me? Is this some kind of joke?" An annoyed grunt left Waller's favorite whipping boy, Rick Flag.

"I don't make jokes, Flag." Wall-Block deadpanned. She shoved me towards the military man.

"Ain't that a blessing cause you don't have a single funny bone in your body, lady." I growled, darkly leering at the crone. We've been at each other's throats more than usual after B-man's visit.

I held up my end of the deal and played my part. I made Batman turn his back on me exactly like Waller wanted. I feel the slightest bit guilty about the nasty things I said to him. I crossed a line by throwing B-man's failure with Robin in his face when the poor sod was making an honest effort to help me. I hit him with a low blow. He didn't really deserve to have that used as ammo against him. The slight did serve its purpose and make Batman storm out in a fury after insulting me for being no better than my father. Batman said I was a wicked child through and through.

HaHaHaHaHa.

Wicked. I'm wicked.

Princess Lucia doesn't like this icky feeling circulating in her chest, it's nauseating.

"Come on now. I'm no babysitter, I'm a Colonel with a squad to run." Flag crossed his arms, roaming his over me, assessing what kind of threat I was to Waller. "Why do you even have her here? She's a tiny kid." I cutely smiled up at Rick Flag. He looked away, going back to training his eyes on his boss.

Rick Flag is underestimating me precisely like every other male does. It really must be a guy thing. Wall-Block wasn't fooled one bit by my appearance, but the guys fall for a baby-face every single time. This guy is in the military, he should know better than to judge a book by its cover....Whatever, I'm over the machismo nonsense at this point. If Flag wants to stereotype me than I'll play along with his delusions.

"Don't be fooled by her. Lucia Quinn is as volatile and crafty as her mother, Harley Quinn. Keep a close eye on her." A hint of dry humor crossed Wall-Block's face. "Not as close of an eye as you keep on Dr. Moone though, Flag." Wall-Block turned and exited the meeting room, leaving me with a ticked off soldier. Flag wearily glanced at me.

"Lucia Quinn, nice to meet'cha, Mistah." I thrusted my arm out for a handshake. To my utter delight, Flag took my smaller hand in his and gave it a firm shake. He didn't let go of my hand when I tried to pull away. The soldier bent down to my height, releasing his hold on my hand.

Rick Flag is actually really handsome. If Abigail had met Flag she'd have been all over him.

"Don't try anything stupid on my watch, kid. Waller may not have given me the full story on you, but my orders are clear. 'Keep you under control'. And I intend to follow that." Flag spoke with a nice southern drawl. His accent is refreshing to hear after months of harsh shouts and impassive droning.

"Lucy has already agreed to be a good girl, scout's honor." I placed a hand over my chest and raised my other hand, mocking the stern Colonel.

Flag sighed. "I can tell you're going to be a very vexing child." Flag muttered a curse under his breath and stood up.

"Hey, Ricky." I called.

Flag frowned at me. "Don't call me that. It's Flag to you."

"Okay, Ricky." I nodded my in understanding. I entirely ignored his withering stare.

"Call me, Flag." He commanded.

"Ricky." I nodded my head again.

"Flag."

"Ricky."

This reminds me of when I first met Johnny Frost and insisted on calling him Frosty. Those were good'ol days where things were nice and simple. I'm sticking with my nickname for Flag just like I did for Frost. As I told Doc, I adore showing affection by giving people befitting nicknames.