Chapter Part 23

"You will never be one of us. We follow orders. You bastards only follow paydays." Flag growled at Deadshot.

The Colonel and the hitman had gotten into another pissing contest when the squad members and even the soldiers started questioning Flag about the deceased creatures. Mama had pointed out that the things looked like they used to be people which then led to the gang-up on Flag. The man in charge was unwilling to divulge his girlfriend's hand in all this.

For a good guy, Flag sure does behave like a bad guy. Throwing your comrades literally under the bus and keeping them in the dark sounds like something Papa would do. Papa loves seeing some of his pawns get taken out in his grand schemes. Everyone is cannon fodder to him and yet the goons love flocking to him because they know what to expect. Not to mention Papa pays his employees well since he doesn't give a fig about money.

HaHaHaHaHa.

Bad guys never hide their true colors.

"That's exactly what we are, Flag. Bastards." Deadshot wasn't bothered by Flag's hostility at this point. He cocked his head and smirked. "And that's why you and Waller wanted us. You weren't looking for gentleman soldiers. You were buying killers and you got exactly what you paid for. Don't go regretting what you asked for."

"Lawton, the goddam world's at stake here and last I looked, you live on this planet too." Ricky gestured to all the destruction surrounding the group. Everybody kind of awkwardly watched the verbal dispute.

"We fought just as hard as you did. So give the cranky-old-guy bit a rest." Deadshot said. Flag didn't respond back. He shoved past Deadshot to join his soldiers. Deadshot snidely smiled and held his hand up. The hitman moved his fingers to make a pistol and pointed at Flag's back. "Bang!" Deadshot joked.

The group then moved onward. Mama hurried to catch up with Boomerang. The Captain saw Mama coming and walked faster to get away from her. He ignored Mama calling his name.

"Harkness!" Mama reached out and grabbed Boomerang's trench coat. "I wanna talk."

"I'm not your Puddin, you Looney Tune. I don't care what you want." Boomerang yanked his coat out of Mama's grip and went back to speed walking away.

No, no, no, no. You don't talk to the Queen like that.

I ran in front of Boomerang. When he tried to step around me, I slammed the handle of the mallet into his foot. The Captain howled in pain and cradled his injured foot while jumping around on the other foot. "Don't be rude now. When a lady speaks to you, you're supposed to listen. Especially when that lady is my Mama." I hissed and used the mallet to pull Boomerang's leg out from under him. The giant went tumbling to the ground.

"That's my Puddin Pop!" Mama proudly kissed the top of my head. "Teaching boys the importance of manners." Boomerang growled and lunged up, moving to grab one of his weapons, but a gun in his face from Mama made him rethink that plan.

"Alright,what?!" Boomerang squeaked out. "You got thirty seconds. Better make them count."

"Okay, sure. I want the Rolex." Mama smiled, putting away her gun and holding out her palm. I laughed at the oddball request.

HaHaHaHaHa.

Freaking clowns. I'll never get enough of their whackjob logic. What does Mama even need a watch for? How will knowing time be useful to her?

"That's it? That's what you want? We're at war with things that have a million eyes and all you care about is a damned watch?" Boomerang stared incredulously at Mama's hand, all while scratching his messy head.