Chapter 25

"Boss! Lucy!" I heard someone shout.

Weakly, I rolled onto my back. I cried out from the pain radiating in my side. I looked down and saw a huge piece of metal protruding from my side. Blood slowly leaked out from the wound, turning my white t-shirt red.

God, it looks disgusting! And it hurts! Why am I always getting injured?!

"Lucy!" Frosty appeared and ran to my side. His face was littered with cuts and his clothes were heavily singed. "Oh, god." He kneeled down next to me.

"Papa. Find him." I whispered.

I feel weak. How long have I been laying here?....I want to take a nap.

"I can't Lu. I gotta take care of you first." Frosty pushed my sticky hair out of my face. My jacket was gently pulled aside so Frosty could inspect the wound. He grimaced. "Lu, this is gonna hurt, but I need you to stay conscious."

"I'll try." I croaked. Frosty gently removed my jacket and braced one hand on my hip.

"You ready?" Frosty nervously asked. I nodded and stared at the sky, counting as many stars as I could to keep myself distracted. "One, two..." The metal was ripped out of my skin. I screamed and cried from the searing pain.

"You're supposed to do it on three you asshole!" I angrily berated him, curling up and palming the bleeding hole in my side.

This is by far the worst I've put my body through. Burns, bruises, poison attempts, puncture wounds, all things an eleven year should not be subjected to. I already have scars on my face from the car crash, now I'm going to have a huge scar on my side. Why me?

"C'mon kid. We got to find your Pops now. Then we'll get you to a doctor." Frosty slid his arms under my legs and around my shoulders. He effortlessly picked me up, ignoring the the stream of blood staining his shirt. "Keep your hands on that wound till I find something to wrap it with." Frosty walked through the plane wreckage, searching for Papa. Everything was eerily silent around us.

"Hey Frosty." I called. The giant hummed in acknowledgement. "How's Papa been since Mama and I got taken?"

"Lu, your Dad's been a complete wreck. He's killed more people these past months than I can count....He went crazy trying to find you and your mom." Frosty stopped walking to take a breather.

"The Joker gone crazy? That's blasphemous...." I trailed off as I heard something. "Did you hear that?" I tensed in Frosty's hold and frantically looked around.

Please tell me there aren't more EAs lurking around. I'm in no condition to fight and Frosty isn't doing much better. If we get swarmed then it's over....Shit! Did I cause this? Is Frosty going to die cause he had to waste time looking for me?

"The blood loss is making you loopy and paranoid. There's no one here but us." Frosty adjusted his grip and resumed walking. I heard something moving again and whirled my head in the direction of the sound. I saw something black moving around behind the wreckage.

"Frosty, we have to get out of here!" I grabbed onto his shirt, smearing more blood on his chest. Frosty opened his mouth to question me, but a loud screech cut him off. An EA jumped out, racing towards us.

"W-What the hell is that?!" Frosty exclaimed in a moment of panic. He stumbled backwards. I pulled my gun out of the holster and fired at the EA. I only managed to graze the creature on account of my disoriented vision from the blood loss. "Give me that." Frosty shifted so he could hold me with one arm and took the gun out of my shaky hands. He fired, shooting the EA in the head until it fell to the ground.