Chapter 32

"Useless! You're all useless!" I screamed furiously, kicking the corpse away from me. Blood dripped from the sword in my hand. The other meatbags flinched from the violent execution they witnessed. The man had failed his one job of protecting the Queen and paid the price for his failure.

Mama is gone! They took her just like I feared. Why couldn't she just stay in the goddam house?! I told her about Waller possibly being alive! She knew the danger of leaving the penthouse. And she left for such a dumb reason! Of all the times she had to go on a shoplifting spree!

"Find her! Find her now or you're all dead!" I stormed out of the meeting room and into the kitchen.

I needed another outlet. Killing the wretch that let Mama get captured wasn't enough. I slid the sword back into the cane and started smashing everything in sight. It was happening all over again! First Papa was taken from me and now Mama! I'm losing my family!

Princess Lucia won't stand for this. No one touches her clowns. No one!

"Lucy."

I whipped around and plunged a knife into the person dumb enough to touch me during one of my episodes.

"F-Frost?!" I froze when I realized it was him that I stabbed. "I-I'm sorry."

He grunted and pulled the knife out of his shoulder. I had no idea what to do and stared at the wound, staining his suit. I'd hurt plenty of people and not given a damn, but never had I violently harmed someone close to me. I may be scum but there are lines that I refused to cross.

"Don't worry about it Lu. I've suffered worse." Frosty said in his typical calm fashion. "You're the one that's a mess."

I became acutely aware of the destruction I was sitting in the middle of. The kitchen and living room were trashed. The employee lounge would have to be renovated. I rubbed at my stinging eyes and combed my hair back.

HaHaHaHaHa

Covered in blood, smeared makeup, destruction in my wake; I really was a mess.

HaHaHaHaHa

This is not how Princess should conduct herself or look.

"I need to take a shower." I stood up on shaky legs, handing Papa's cane to Frosty. "Go get your shoulder looked at."

He shot me a worried look as I passed him but he didn't stop me. The elevator opened and with my keycard I went to the top floor. The penthouse was quiet. In a daze, I walked to my to shower.

I hate being alone. A fear of loneliness is something Abigail and I have in common. When I'm alone it feels like my mind slips, going into a state of limbo. It hovers in between Abigail's thoughts and Lucy's thoughts. Their loud arguments drive me nuts. It's hard to tell which voice is right when I'm alone. Should I run like Abigail wants? Or should I stay like Lucy wants?

"I'm Lucia Quinn. Princess Lucia." I repeated over and over to my foggy mirror image that appeared to shift between Lucy and Abigail. I kept saying my name until Abigail's pleas died down to weak whispers and her face disappeared from the mirror.

I'm Lucia. I have pale skin, blue eyes, and blonde hair. My face is not tan with brown hair and green eyes. Those features belonged to Abigail.

HaHaHaHaHa

The Princess really needs to get it together. Madness does not control me, I control it.

I stepped out of the bathroom dressed in a shirt and jean-shorts. Frosty wouldn't be dropping by to check on me for another hour or two since that wound was pretty deep. Staying in a silent house wouldn't help my nerves so I grabbed a leather coat and went to the roof. The city would provide a good distraction.