Part 4

The night was a long one for Riya ,  she couldn't sleep nor she could stop her tears. She sat in the balcony hugging a cushion which was drenched in her tears. Laksh has became the biggest mystery of her life. He brought happiness with him but now all what she was left was fear. She was scared of being left alone, everything she knew was lie. She hasn't called her mother and let her know about anything as she dint eant her to be worried. She had come to mumbai with a lot hopes but mumbai was just breaking her in everyway it could. Riya kept crying until sleep took over after sunrise. It was almost 9 in the morning when Kabir found Riya sleeping in her hotels rooms balcony,  he has come to return her mobile whih she forget yesterday. The door of her room was open so he came and and riya was no where found but then he saw the balcony door open. Kabir entered inside to get a big shock, riya was still in the same dress she was wearing last night. The dried tears and the smudged kohl of her eyes gave a pain in Kabir's heart. He slowly went near her and picked her up and put her properly down on the bed. As soon as he started moving back, riya felt loosing the warmth and held him close. Kabir sat down on the bed beside her and let her sleep, he could easily make out that she slept crying and it was because of the call that came yesterday. He had to go to his office but at the moment Riya was important for him. Kabir kept staring at riya, he wanted to wake her up and make her smile. The marks of tears made him feel helpless, very helpless. He has liked Riya from his college life but now seeing her like this he had a strong feeling to cocon her in his arms and protect her from whatever is troubling her. The silence in the room made him feel sleepy and he slept.

Riya woke up with a bad headache and nausea and was shocked to see kabir sleeping beside, her movement woke Kabir up. "Good Morning Riya" "Hi kabir I mean good morning" "Relax, I came here to return your mobile then saw you sleeping in the balcony so put you on the bed. Then you dint leave me so I sat and then I dont know when I slept" "Oh, Its okay" 'Let me order something for your breakfast" "You mean brunch" "Yes" kabir said looking at the time. Riya went and got freshed while kabir ordered food. Later the food arrived and both of them ate in silence, there were many things kabir wanted to ask but he waited till Riya finished her food. Riya knew she had to face kabir but she was not sure what to tell him. "Riya what is wrong? " "Kabir its nothing" "You know that I am here for you" "Yes" "I know we haven't been in touch from long but we are friends right, Good frineds. You can share whatever it is, the pain stricken face and dried tears which I saw when I came here are haunting me. Tell me what is wrong" kabir said literally pleading. Riya looked up to him, she dint know what to tell and how. She moved forward and hugged him, as tight as she could. Tears started to flow in there own accord, in his arms she felt peace. Kabir was again shocked by her response the riya he knew was a strong girl but know she was in her arms hugging like a scared kid. He let her cry, cry her heart out as she needed it that moment.  After sometime kabir broke the hug and wiped her tears and kissed her on the forehead and said "I am here, always". Riya looked in his eyes and felt ashamed,  he was so worried and she was not able to bring herself to tell the truth "Sorry kabir! I am very very sorry. I cannot." "What is it Riya!! Don't you trust me?" Kabor asked in shock. "I trust you but please give me time and don't bring this topic again. When I can I will tell you" riya replied and hugged him again. The solace she found in his arms was something she needed badly. Later Kabir got a call from his office, as he hadn't informed anything and was missing. His boss wanted him to come and report at the office asap. "Kabir you go. I am fine" "But I can't leave you like this" "I am fine" "Wait let me call Ishana, you spend the day with her" "Kabir you don't need to do anything" "but I want to" "Okay" "Ishana's friends wedding functions are going on,  you will be entertained with her. She will be glad to have you" kabir said and called Ishana and talked to her, as expected she was more than happy to have Riya with her. Kabir and Riya left the hotel, he dropped her at his house where ishana was waiting for her.

Ishana started showing her clothes and jewellery to Riya so that she could decide clothes what she will wear "Riya choose any dress and I am sure you will look gorgeous in it" "Ishana we go to my hotel and get a decent dress" "I know but you can wear my clothes also" "That peach color dress looks nice. I will wear that" "Okay, get dressed. There is a mehendi function then sangeeth today" "Sounds a fun filled day" "Yes it will be" ishana replied. Both of them got ready and went to the venue. Ishana introduced Riya to everyone and the easily mingled with her. Kabir called many times to ckeck on Riya many times and was going to come as early as he could. It was evening when everyone got mehendi on their hands but Riya was reluctant but everyone forced her and she finally sat down. Riya got up after getting her mehendi done and at the same time kabir arrived. "Hi riya, how are you?" "I am fine actually alot more than fine and all thanks to you" "You don't need to thank me" "Okayy....How was your day?" "It was good and I am hungry now. Did you eat?" "No, I was going to then they forced me to apply mehedi. And now I can't eat with my hands" "No problem, I will feed you" "let it be, after some time I will remove it" "No arguments.  I am getting the food you wait" "Okay" riya replied. Kabir went and brought food and started feeding while riya kept telling him about her day. Ishana came and saw kabir feeding riya "Kabirr, even I have mehendi. Feed me too" ishana said, "I won't" "Why, you are feeding riya why not me" "because she is my friend. You go and ask your friend" "You are such a bad brother" ishana said then riya said "Kabir feed her too" "Okay go and call everyone with mehendi on their hands I will feed everyone" "Kabir stop being sarcastic,  I am full now you can feed her" riya said with a cute pout "Okay come sit here" kabir said and feed Ishana too.

It was late in the evening when the sangeeth function started, kabir found his friends and sat with them while riya and ishana were busy in the girls. There were lot of performances which never seemed to be ending. Riya came to kabir and said "Ishana is going to stay with her friends tonight and I am already tiered. Do you want stay till the end?" "No, come lets leave. I also had a very busy day at office" kabir said and they went to his car and sat. All drive long Riya kept talking about ishana and the fun she did with he friends, she was laughing and smiling while narrating. Kabir finally felt at peace seeing her happy,  he was very worried about her all the time. Now seeing her laugh and smile brought end to his worries. They stopped at her hotel and riya got out, she came near kabir and said "I am glad to have you kabir. You really are amazing" "Thanks but did I tell how beautiful you were looking?" "No" "You looked very beautiful and you should keep smiling like this" kabir said and gave a quick kiss on Riya's cheek before she could analyse what happend kabir said bye and left leaving a smiling riya at the gate of the hotel.