Chapter 1

Encre POV
____________________________________
When I moved to Underville, I wanted a fresh start. A new beginning. That was years ago, and now I'm afraid to leave my house because of his much they tease me. A French artist, with stupid dreams. They were so cruel...

But the last straw has been yesterday.

-Flashback-

I had been going to meet Dr. Lofy, one of my only friends, when I was shoved down. A brute had shoved me over, and was now laughing scornfully.
"What are you doing ye wee lass?"
"Juste aller voir un ami.." (Just going to see a friend)
"Aye, can't ye speak any English at all?"
"Can speak some.." I had stated nervously.
"Yer pathetic. Come here for a life, and find ye have none! How hilarious!"
I felt tears come to my eyes.
"S'il re plaît, arrête..." (Please stop...)
"Why don't you just run away? Ain't nothing for ye here. Might as well go kill yourself in the forbidden forest."

-Present Time-

I packed very little. Just my favorite drawing of the vampire castle, a gold locket, and my brothers scarf. Wrapping the scarf around my neck, I walked to the back of the house and edited through the back door. I ran into the Forbidden Forest, hoping I'd die quickly. And maybe, if I was lucky, I would have the opportunity to be killed by a vampire.

Walking through the woods, I realized how peaceful it was. I kinda wished I had brought my sketchbook to draw some of it...

It as quickly turning to night.
Good. That's when death lurks.
Before long I heard a pounding, and two wolves came into view, running beside a herd of deer. Realizing I was right in their way, I became terrified. But then again, this is why I can here, isn't it? To die?

   I stood my ground, closed my eyes, and waited for the pain.

It came sooner than I expected, and different from what I had expected. It was a pounding pain in my side. I then felt myself fly across the ground and... when I opened my eyes, the deer were rushing past. Realization hit me like a brick.

I had been saved.