Chapter 22

(Wow chapter 22 already? ☆°☆ Amazing! Thank you guys for the support!)

Celeste POV
______________________________
What's up with everyone? They're all avoiding me and acting weird... huh, strange.
I stalked through the halls. The few people whom greeted me I just grunted at, not caring that much, although most of them ran away, well, more snuck, but I still noticed! This is getting frustrating, why is this happening?!

Lunar POV
______________________________
Just as I'd thought, the Duskberries are working. Eventually Celeste would hate everyone, and she'd bring them to me.
At the same time, I knew this was wrong. But, as always, sacrifices must be made.

Fallacys POV
______________________________
I took a deep breath in. I was standing right outside of Encres bedroom door. I was here because I wanted to ask her to the ball. Doubts rushed through my head.
What if she doesn't want to go?
What if she doesn't like me?
What if after this she just completely ignores me...?
I pushed those thoughts away. They weren't going to be of any help whatsoever to me. I raised a hand and knocked on the door.
"Whos there?" Encres soft voice responded.
"It's me, Fallacy, may I come in?" I asked, making sure that she couldn't hear the nervousness in my voice.
"Oh, yes!" She responded.
I heard her feet tap on the floor, before the door opened with a reluctant creak.
"What do you want, Fallacy?" She asked curiously.
I felt a hint of warmth come to my face.
"I was, uh, just wondering.." I started.
"What were you wondering, Fallacy?"
More warmth came to my face, and I could tell I was blushing.
"I was wondering if you'd go to the ball with me.." I finally asked quietly, afraid of her answer before she even responded.
"I'd love to!" She said, smiling widely.
I sighed softly in relief.
"Thank you." I said to her.
"Its no problem!" She said, hugging me.
I hugged back and smiled softly.

Encres POV
______________________________
I was so happy! I mean, Jasper had already told me he was asking, but still! It was nice of him. I then considered the fact I didn't have a dress, and I was slightly afraid to ask Celeste to borrow one. She had gotten really mean lately...
"Fallacy, I don't have a dress... the ball is in three days! How am I going to find one..?" I asked worriedly.
He chuckled softly.
"I already got you a dress, since is was *cough* SOOO *cough* confident." He said.
I giggled slightly and nodded, hugging him happily.
He blushed, but hugged back.
Little did I know, Jasper had watched the entire thing, and had passed out from over fangirling... or, wait, fanboying..

*Le three day timeskip!*

Encres POV
______________________________
I had put on the dress, and looked in the mirror. I blushed madly. The dress looked beautiful! And how did Fallacy get my exact size..? I shook that off. So what if he went through my clothes? I had nothing to hide. (Or did she?! *illuminati music*)
Fallacy knocked on my door.
"Are you ready, Encre?"
I waited for a few seconds, thinking on what to say.
"Yes..." I said softly, my accent thickening slightly from nervousness.
(The dress!)

"Is everything okay?" He asked, sounding genuinely worried

   I smiled slightly, glad he cared about me that much.
"Yea, everything is fine, Fallacy." I responded.
"Okay, tell me if anything ever isn't."
   I smiled more, he cared so much...
"Okie, I will."
   I decided that I needed to come out eventually, and now would be good. I sighed nervously and opened the door, stepping out.

Fallacys POV
______________________________
   She stepped out, and my face was immediatly covered in a blush. She looked gorgeous in the navy blue dress. I almost cursed Fibi for picking up such a beautiful gown.
   I shrugged that aside and went to her, taking her hands and looking into her eyes.
"You look gorgeous, Encre." I said softly.
   She blushed more than she already had and covered her face with her hands. I chuckled softly and gently took her hands away.
"You shouldn't be embarassed, it was a compliment." I said, again, softly.
"Hence why I'm blushing!" She responded, with a cute pout on her already rainbow colored face.
   I chuckled again and took her right hand, like a gentleman.
"Lets just go to the ballroom, everybody's waiting on us." I told her.
   Her blush became more opaque, but she nodded and walked gracefully to the stairs, while I led her. She looked up at me shyly, and I smiled reassuringly. She smiled back, and we began our descent down the stairs.
   Once we reached the bottom, everyone turned and looked at us. I was wearing a black suit, with a rose tucked in the breast pocket, and Encre was still wearing that beautiful blue dress. They seemed stunned.
   It was most likely because no one would ever expect to see me with someone else after, well, my wife's death...
   I pushed that aside and led Encre to the dance floor, she was a blushing mess and I doubt she would've been able to walk by herself. The music started and everything went back to normal fairly quickly. I took one of Encres hands and put my other around her waist. She shyly took my hand and put an arm on my shoulder, and we danced. I swear, time stopped, as we looked into each other's eyes and slowly moved around the floor. Her eyes seemed to shine in an uncanny way, the golden star and baby blue oval floating in her eye sockets like leaves in a stream. I gazed into them, smiling softly, and she gazed back. We were lost in each other, the way love should feel, the way love should be. The song seemed to end too soon, like it had been rushed, just so Encre and I would have to separate. I reluctantly let go of her, she did the same for me.
   We made our way around, and I greeted the friendly vampires and Werewolves I met, and introduced Encre. Everything went so well and smooth, it was like a dream. Of course, all dreams have to come to an end, even the best.