Chapter 8

Celeste POV
____________________________________
  Two figures slunk through the woods. They aren't downwind, the deer will smell them.

   One let out a howl and scared the deer into running.

  They won't catch it. This is a horribly planned hunt.

   A scent drifted through the trees. I knew that scent! A flash of white cut the deer off, and a flash of black took one down.

"Geno! Reaper!" I called to them, running to where they were standing.

   They looked over at me, confused. A look of realization spread across Reapers face.

"Celeste!" He said.

"It's good to see you. I was so worried Lunar would've attacked in the time I was gone." I stated.

"Welp, we're still alive!" Reaper said.

"Anyways, we'd better be going. It was good to see you, Celeste." He said.

  I was satisfied. As they turned to the woods, I did too. And with that, I was headed back to the castle.

Fibi POV
____________________________________
  I was headed to the village. I slipped the hood I always wore on, and grabbed a few coins left specifically for me.

  Before I could saddle a horse to take me to town, I heard someone emerge from the woods from behind me.

"Fibi, while you're at the village, could you pick up a sketchbook and some pencils for me? I'll give you some extra to pay for it." The voice said.

    I turned to see Celeste.

"Yes, of course Madame Celeste."

"Thanks, Fibi. Here," she said, handing me a few coins.

   And with that, I rode into to town.

Encre POV
____________________________________
  After breakfast, I had gone to my room. I'd found some paper and a pencil in the desk in the corner, and had begun sketching the garden.

  I didn't notice that someone had opened the door, and was currently watching me draw over my shoulder.

"You're a really good artist!" They said.

   I let out a yelp of surprise and whipped around to see Jasper, Fallacys son.

"Thank you... why you no knock?" I asked.

"I did! You just... didn't answer. I was wondering if you knew how to play chess?" He explained and asked.

  I thought for a second. I had played chess before, yes.... I was just never good at it. My brother and I had played when I was younger...

"Not for long time...." I said quietly.

"I can teach you! I'm really good at chess." He replied.

  I honestly had no intent to play chess, but he looked so hopeful.

"Alright." I said, a bit louder than last time I had spoken.

"Ok, we can play downstairs. Come on!" He said, grabbing my hand and practically dragging me downstairs.

  I giggled a bit, but mainly just tried to keep up.

   We ended up at a room that was large, and had a fireplace built into the wall. In a table in the center, there was a chess table set up and two chairs, with red velvet lining.

"You can sit here." He said, waving his hand at one of the chairs.

"So.. basically... The games like this, *author is to lazy to write out all how to play chess. Please, search it on your own time. Thank you!* and that's it!" He concluded.

   I had remembered some of it from when my brother and I had played years ago.

"Alright, white goes first!" He said.

   I was white.

   I moved one of my pawns 2 spaces up, as I could, according to game rules.

  He moved his knight in front of his pawns.

~¤Time Skip Because Authors Lazy¤~

  Jasper had won, although it was a close game. I had done better than I thought I would.

  I found that I enjoyed chess, mainly because I didn't have to talk, as I was self-concious about my French accent and little-known English.

   When I left and was walking back to my room, I was stopped by a hand on my shoulder.

"You like drawing, right?" The person asked.

"Yes..." I responded, knowing it was Celeste.

"Good. I hoped my hunch was right." She said.

   I turned and she held something out to me... a brand new sketchbook and a few new  pencils. My eyes widened as I took them.

   I threw my arms around Celeste and said,

"Thank you! Thank you much!"

  She seemed surprised at first but then hugged back and chuckled.

"It was really nothing. Honestly, I just guessed you were an artist."

   Eventually, I let go of her and ran to put the stuff in my room. As soon as I finished, I went back to the hallway and she was gone. Figuring she went to lunch, I headed down the stairs and sure enough, there she was.

   Fallacy seemed a tad confused as why I was happier than usual, but didn't say anything.

  There was one strange thing about lunch. The strange thing was that Jasper wasn't there.