Chapter 6

Fallacy POV
____________________________________
Flying high above ground level, I got a bird's eye view of everything. Eventually, I smelled the mortals scent on the wind.

"Bingo." I hissed as I flew towards it.

Staying low, I landed a little ways off, to make sure it was them.

Encre POV
____________________________________
After Celeste and I had escaped from the vampire, we found ourselves in a vast wasteland, which Celeste called 'The Barren Wasteland.'

Only seconds later, I heard rustling in the bushes, and I could tell Celeste heard it, too. Her ears were swiveling, and she leaped off the horse.

"Stay here. If I yell go, take the horse and get out of here." She hissed.

I nodded and she went off into the woods. A couple seconds later I heard a yelp of pain, but it was too deep to be Celestes voice.

"Oh my stars! Fallacy I didn't realize it was you! I'm so sorry!" She quickly apoligized.

"It's fine..." Someone, presumably Fallacy, grumbled.

Celeste came out, and was followed by an unhappy Fallacy. Fallacy had one hand on his skull.

"Why did you leave before I came?!" He ordered.

"I was nervous." Celeste said briskly.

"Anyways, we might as well get going." She added.

She hopped up and onto the horse, so she was in front of me. She held a hand out to Fallacy, but he said,

"I'll fly, thank you very much."

He sprouted large, leathery, bat-like wings and took to the sky. We started to gain speed, and pretty soon the horse was again at a full trot.

Something seemed off, although I had no idea what. Celeste looked like she may have felt it too, as her ears were twitching and she seemed to be trying to get to wherever Fallacy lives as soon as possible.

I noticed Fallacy stayed pretty close as he flew, propably watching for other vampires.

Pretty soon, a wall came into view. Celeste slowed the horse, and we rode through the gate and onto the courtyard. There was a stone path straight down the middle, and two fountains, one on either side of the path.

"Celeste!" A voice said, as a child came running from the actual house itself.

"Hello, Jasper." Celeste geeeted, jumping off her horse.

A maid came out and said,

"Hello, Madame Celeste. Shall I take your horse for you?"

"In a minute, Fibi." Celeste answered, as she hopped off the horse.

As soon as she was off the horse she held a hand out to me to help me down. I took it and soon enough I was being questioned, although Celeste answered most of the questions.

"Who is this?" Jasper asked.

"This is Encre. She'll be staying here as long as I am." Celeste curtly answered.

"Is she a mortal?"

"Yes, but you and Fallacy won't taste her blood over my dead body." She snapped.

Jasper looked a bit hurt, but kept on questioning.

"Why isn't she answering her own questions?"

"No speak much English..." I said self-conciously.

I had noticed Fallacy landing and coming over to us.

"I presume you will both want to see your rooms?" He asked, and Celeste and I nodded.

"Very well. Follow me. Oh, and Fibi, please take the horse." He stated, before walking off and into the house.

Celeste grabbed her bags and began to walk inside, followed by me.

The second we walked in, I noticed the lack of... well.... anything on the walls.

Fallacy strode up the stairs, his cloak trailing behind, until he reached two sets of doors.

"The one on the left is yours, Celeste, and the other one is for Encre." He announced as he turned to walk away.

"Thank you." Celeste said blankly, while turning to her room.

She seemed upset, but also like she needed to be alone. I opened the door to my room, and realized that it was a fairly large room. My room before had been small, only enough space for a bed and a desk. Although I had liked it that way.

The curtains were closed, so I opened them, revealing a beautiful view of a garden filled with flowers of almost every color.

I noticed that it was almost sunset, and I was quite tired. Slipping under the blankets, I closed my eyes and fell asleep.

That night, I dreamed of my brother, Peindre, whom had been executed where we came from for sparing a vampire. I always missed him, and sometimes blamed myself.

Eventually, the dreams faded, and my sleep was much more peaceful.