Chapter 23

Fallacy POV
______________________________
I heard a from a nearby table. A young, female vampire was shaking like a leaf, her eyes wide in shock. I rushed over to see what had happened. A cake, a gift from one of the guests, I had thought, was oozing a thick red substance. I looked closer, and recognized the irony smell.
"Blood.." I muttered.
A few gasps came from the crowd, and a sense of fear set in. This was a major issue, because vampires and blood in the same room almost never mixed well. We stepped back from it, trying to control ourselves. The thick liquid was so tempting, but I didn't do it for Encre. I ordered a servant to take it and the blood away. They quickly nodded and cleaned it.
Encre looked scared, and she seemed to slowly realize something. She looked around the room, seeing each person, making sure she wasn't mistaken.
"Where's Celeste..?" She asked quietly.
Time seemed to freeze. Then vampires and wolves started to fall to the floor, going unconcious. A kind of mist drifted across the hall. I couldn't tell what it was, but I knew it was bad.
I started to feel dizzy, a kind of nausea kicking in. I looked at Encre and watched, horrified, as her eyes closed and she collapsed to the floor. I tried to go to her, but was already feeling the dizziness kicking in more. I whimpered softly and saw two figures slowly weaving through the bodies on the floor.

Lunar and Celeste.

"How could you do this...?" I choked out weakly as Celeste approached.

An evil, insane grin spread across her face.
"Why, Fallacy, I'd expect you, of all people to understand. Whoever controls the main influence, IS the main influence. You, in this case, are the main influence. I think that you see where this is going." She said, the same evil smirk on her face.
I watched her approach me, and made a feeble effort to scramble back, failing, of course. The fog was taking effect more. Of course she would've done this. Fibi had told me of strange berries in the kitchen. Duskberries. The small berries could completely change a person's personality. She couldve easily created the fog, she had quite a bit of knowledge with herbs. I'm such a fool..... the darkness sets in, and I pass out.

Celestes POV
_______________________________________
I giggled, seeing my old friend out cold on the floor. A part of me shrieked in protest, and I knew I should listen. But the voices, they told me this was right. So I listened.
Lunar moved towards me, his tail swaying and ears pricked and swiveling.
"They're all out, right?" He asked, trying to cover his worriedness
"Yes, of course! Are you doubting me!?" I snapped.
"No," He answered coldly. "Just grab the ones we need and we'll be on our way."
I nodded and grabbed Fallacy, looking to Encre slightly. She was out cold, her small chest rising and falling.
I felt a pang of regret for doing this, looking over all of the people in the room. Then I remembered why I did it. To be with Lunar. I still loved him, I still wanted to be his sister. I covered it, blaming it on the duskberries. But I took them willingly, I knew what was happening. I did it anyways.
Lunar flicked his ears towards the door, a signal to leave, and I followed, holding an unconscious Fallacy. I couldn't help but giggle at the thought of having his life at my hands. I guess I could repay the favor, from all those years ago, and save him...

Or I could kill him. And no one would ever know what really happened. Oh, how joyous!

---------------------------------------------------------
This chapter is dedicated to Dehrubyrose! I promised I'd do this, and I'm a woman of my word!!! Stay strong!!!!