14. Discoveries Made in Hallways

═════════════════ ⛤☙⚸⚖☍☥☍⚖⚸☙⛤ ════════════════

Domino City High School seemed to have developed a bit of a reputation over the last year. Akane hadn't noticed at first, but once she heard a few delinquents talking about a ghost having took out their leader, an enormous third year who Akane was happy to be rid of, she got interested. She overheard more and more, some saying it was a vengeful ghost, haunting the grounds and getting rid of wrong-doers and injustice, others seemed to believe that a club was doing this, Domino High's own personal illuminati.

Either way, Akane was going to find out.

She moved her EMF meter to the other side of the hallway, still not getting anything too unusual. Ryou had come with her, but she had sent him down the other hallway. Somewhere in the back of her mind, she dreamt of him being attacked and her bursting in and saving him. She shook her head quickly, not allowing the thought to become conscious.

Day-dreaming was what got people killed.

Akane turned the corner slowly and spotted a figure in further down the hall. She grinned and moved closer, the EMF going a little crazy.

However, the closer she got, the more her stomach dropped.

It was Yugi.

But why was Yugi making her EMF meter go nuts?

Was he secretly dead?

Was this like the Sixth Sense?

"Shinda-san?" he called to her, his voice notably lower than her remembered it being.

She slumped her shoulder and walked into the light, "I'd asked what you're doing here after hours, but I'm not sure I want to know due to my inevitable boredom when it comes to card games."

He chuckled at that, in a very uncharacteristic way, "Being the King of Games comes with some trouble, yes."

"Ugh," Akane rolled her eyes, crossing her arms.

Her EMF meter decided then that the spot it was currently pointed at was the most haunted place in the universe. She stared at its alignment. It was pointed at Yugi's necklace, something that Akane had never really paid much attention to.

Until now.

It looked oddly similar to Ryou's necklace, something she was already a bit suspicious of. And Ryou also occasionally had weird spout where he didn't act like himself.

Akane took a step back.

"Shinda-san?"

Then she turned around and took off in a run.

Oh my god, the objects were haunted.

═════════════════ ⛤☙⚸⚖☍☥☍⚖⚸☙⛤ ════════════════