16. Blast from the Past

═════════════════ ⛤☙⚸⚖☍☥☍⚖⚸☙⛤ ════════════════

Akane woke up what felt like hours later, but what her phone told her was only twenty minutes later. She was on the floor, rather than the counter, but the water was still running. And it seemed painfully loud at the moment.

She groaned and stood up, ignoring the light headedness and the nausea. She turned off the tap, staring at her hand as she did. It was wrapped up with what looked to be a bit of Ryou's shirt. She blinked.

Well that was weird.

"Shinda-san?" Yugi's voice came, only, it wasn't really Yugi's voice. It was possessed Yugi's voice.

She knew that she probably shouldn't trust him either, but he was there, in front of her, and she was dizzy and needed to get home.

She unceremoniously fell into his arms when she tried to step forward. She could hear him talking, but she couldn't tell what he was saying. He sounded like the adults did in the Peanuts cartoons.

God did her head hurt.

She felt herself flickering in and out of consciousness, only really waking up when she heard a voice she recognized. Ishizu Ishtar stood above her, and Akane felt like she was going to be sick. Whether it was because Ishizu was friends with her parents, or because she was pretty sure he had a concussion, she couldn't be sure.

Ishizu's hand was cold on her forehead, though and she liked that.

"I'll take her home, Yugi," she heard before she was carefully placed in a vehicle of sorts.

Akane hadn't seen Ishizu in years, not since sometime in Middle School. Ishizu was a fairly nice person, from what she remembered, who apparently had a brother about her age. She owned and ran an exhibit on Egypt, something from the 18th Dynasty. Akane had never bothered with the details.

"Are you alright, Akane?" Ishizu spoke in fluent English, obviously noticing that Akane was regaining some of her consciousness. Akane nodded once, quickly noticing that her head was in the older woman's lap.

"Do you know what happened to you?"

Akane closed her eyes humming to herself once, "I was looking for ghosts and slipped on some water in the boy's washroom. Must have bashed by head harder than I thought."

Akane felt the car slow and sat herself up. Ishizu gave her a worried, almost disapproving glance as she slipped out of the car.

"Thanks, Ishizu," Akane mumbled.

"I think you owe your mother a call, Akane."

Akane nodded once, "I think I do too."

═════════════════ ⛤☙⚸⚖☍☥☍⚖⚸☙⛤ ════════════════