07. Business As Usual

═════════════════ ⛤☙⚸⚖☍☥☍⚖⚸☙⛤ ════════════════

The next few days went by as they usually did. Nothing stood out. The dreams stopped, probably because Akane had refused to sleep for more than two hours a night, but it was a solution. She was running strictly on coffee and cynicism when Seto Kaiba caught her in the hallway. The two stared at each other for s short while before he finally came out and said what he was trying to say.

“You’re a duelist, aren’t you, Akane?”

Obviously he already knew the answer, judging by the smug ass smirk on his face. Akane glared.

“I have duelled before but that in no way makes me a duelist. Similarly, just because you’ve practiced kindness maybe once or twice in the past, it doesn’t change the fact that you are a tremendous douchebag,” she spat back, “What do you want, Kaiba?”

“I was wondering if you were accompanying your loser friends to Duelist Kingdom. I need someone to keep an eye on them for me,” he replied, glaring back now.

“Forget it.” Akane rolled her eyes, walking off rather quickly.

Seto smirked as she left and Akane felt herself grin a bit. Business as usual, it would seem.

═════════════════⛤☙⚸⚖☍☥☍⚖⚸☙⛤════════════════