15. Wrong Move

═════════════════ ⛤☙⚸⚖☍☥☍⚖⚸☙⛤ ════════════════

She tore down the hallway, only to be stopped my barrelling into another person. She looked up to see Ryou's soft, warm and non-haunted brown eyes staring back at her.

"Akane-san?" he asked in a bit of a wheeze, her collision having obviously winded him, "Did something spook you, or were you just practicing for track try-outs?"

Her eyes automatically fell to his necklace, eerily aware of where the pointy bits of it were located in proximity to her.

She rolled off him quickly, eyes still wide as he sat up beside her. He hooked an arm around her and pulled her up to her feet, sending her the most sincerely worried looked she had ever seen.

Her heart grew ten sizes that day.

"Akane-san?" he asked again.

"Nothing, I just, we should leave, I think that would be a good idea," she muttered quickly, subconsciously hearing how manic she sounded. His worry increased and she swore a bit under her breath, noticing the blood on her palm. She must have fallen on something rather sharp.

She plucked a medium sized pebble from the wound and cocked an eyebrow. A rock. Lovely.

"Akane-san, we should at least wash that, c'mon," he pulled her along by the arm as she watched the blood drip down the side of her wrist, slowly moving down the length of her arm. Ryou sat her down on a row of sink and Akane bitterly took note of the reversal happening before her eyes. Ryou bandaging her, her sitting on the sinks, god it was even night time.

Akane's caught a flash of light as Ryou flicked on the switch. She stared at him as he walked back over, running the tap so the water would arm. He wasn't making eye-contact with her and she was suddenly very aware of her mortality.

Pale hands wrapped around her wrist, leading it to the tap water, the sound eerily loud next to the blood pumping in Akane's ears.

While she wanted to believe she was scared, she recognized this feelings all too well for it to be fear.

Exhilaration, excitement, thrill.

Blood mixed with water trickled between her fingers, the water burning the wound, hot enough to continue to allow the blood to flow.

He pushed forward, into her, pushing her further back on the counter. She was confused for only a moment before realizing why he had just done what he had done. He was trapping her, keeping her feet far from the ground so that she couldn't use the moment of a jump to get away from him.

So, the ghost-demon thing was clever.

He looked at her, finally, with a cold smirk, "You really should be more careful, Akane..."

She held back a wince as his grip around her wrist tightened, pushing the bone of her hand too far away from the bone of her forearm. She felt her breath hitch in her throat and glared at him.

"...It would be a shame if you got hurt."

His hand grabbed her other wrist and she kept her eyes fixated on his. Theoretically, if he was some sort of spirit, running wasn't an option. Not really.

He chuckled, "What's wrong, Akane-san? You look nervous."

He leant in, pressing his mouth on to the side of her neck. She half wondered if he'd bite her throat out, leaving her as some macabre present for someone to find the neck morning. She heard him open his mouth and she felt her head go fuzzy for a moment.

His tongue pressed into her neck and Akane had to tell herself to be icked out by this. She had, admittedly, imagined doing things very similar to this with Ryou before, but this was not Ryou, something her body didn't quite understand.

"But obviously not too nervous. Do I not scare you, Akane?" he pulled back and cocked his head to one side, pulling her hands out of the water.

So that's what he was doing. He had been checking her heart rate to see if she was scared.

"Oh don't worry," Akane mumbled, the deadpan becoming overly pronounced in her voice, "I'm scared. You're very intimidating, attacking me in the boy's washroom. Points for squick factor with the tongue thing, but I'm going to have to dock you for originality. I mean, bathrooms are like, the number one place monsters attack. I say you're, maybe a few points away from being as equal to...hmm, Scream?"

Somewhere in the back of her mind, Akane knew that smart-mouthing a possibly very evil and very angry spirit was a bad idea. He could kill her, after all. But then again, that was the worse he could do.

His smirk grew and he slammed her head back on to the mirror. Everything went black.

═════════════════ ⛤☙⚸⚖☍☥☍⚖⚸☙⛤ ════════════════