Chapter 4: Catwalk

Harley bounces around the kitchen, trying to find suitable utensils for their lunch. So far she had found two paper plates with a children's party design on, a butterfly knife that would slip through a person as easily as it did the butter she was attempting to spread with it and two vintage tea cups, Although one did have a slight chip in it. She had sent Steve into the bathroom to try his new clothes on, she hopes he likes what she had bought. He seems a bit old school with all his Miss Quinn this, Miss Quinn that's, so she had skipped all the clothes currently in fashion in favour of a more gentlemanly style. Mistah J had always been well dressed, if you overlooked the blood stains and pocket after pocket filled with all sorts of dangerous toys. She hadn't consciously thought about it as she went around the shop, but when she got to the checkout she realised all the clothes that had caught her eye were the same set as the Joker would've worn, but in cool greys, misty blues and calm colours. Steve steps out of the bathroom, straightening his sleeves and blazer. Dark grey smart trousers, with a light blue shirt tucked in, it was a little tight across the chest and biceps, but with muscles like that she was hard pressed to find a shirt that would fit those properly. At his collar was a pale purple bowtie, and over the shirt a dark, dusky blue waistcoat. She had also got him a black trench coat, which was currently draped over the back of a chair. "Soo.. what do you think?" He asks tentatively. Harley stops and stares, he looks good. Really bloody good. "Miss Quinn.. Quinn.. Harley!" Steve exclaims, rushing across the room to stop her from pouring any more tea into the overflowing cup. "Oh shoot, sorry, you, uhh... you look really good Steve." Harley stammers, as she grabs a kitchen towel to mop up tea off the floor, "The uh, teas ready." She beams up at him from her crouched position, watching him sip at it, "Ya know, you look even better when I'm on my knees." She grins impishly, wiggling her eyebrows, using her humour to distract him from how flustered he had just made her. She was a sucker for a sharp dressed man. It had clearly worked as Steve froze, mid sip of tea, coughing ever so slightly into it.

Harley bins the towels, smirking at how her distraction had worked and joins him at the kitchen counter, taking a bite out her teddy bear ham sandwich and adding three heaped teaspoons of sugar into her tea, "I can't wait to show you what I got, I think you're going to love it!" Harley teases. "Oh lord." Steve groans, hiding his face in his hands. He had a bad feeling about this, but then again she had done a great job on choosing his new clothes, so maybe her own choices were just as modest. Harley scoffs the rest of her sandwich, and necks her tea, before grabbing the bags and running off to the bathroom to change.