Chapter 16: Damsel in Distress

Steve runs frantically through the streets of Gotham to Harley's location, the rain pouring down on him, the sound of his boots splashing against the sidewalk, the determination on his face to save her from her captives as he continues on relentlessly through the night, stopping only to look at road signs to find out which direction to take.

He finally stops after what seems miles of city streets, staring at a warehouse by the docks, "This is the place." He says to himself, the note in Harley's apartment said to come to this very warehouse and to come alone, he knew it was a trap but he had no other option but to save her, Steve opens the front gate to the car park, a creaking noise as the gate's hinges move, shield at the ready as he enters the car park thinking to himself, it's quiet, too quiet, all of a sudden bullets start hitting the ground around him, he ducks behind his shield and dives behind a skip to his left. He peeks around the corner to see four henchmen with fully automatic weapons unloading an onslaught of bullets down upon him, rolling out from cover throwing his shield at the wall, bouncing off and hitting one henchman in the back of head, the shield returns to him and he takes cover again, bullets fly past ricocheting of the skip, hearing a loud thud he turns to see a grenade on the ground beside him, quickly picking it up and throwing it back at them blowing up the car they were using for cover knocking another one out.

Counting to three, he charges at the remaining henchman, "AAAAAAARGGH!" throwing his shield at one of them, knocking them unconscious, then running at the last henchman, drop kicking them through the front door to the warehouse, Steve walks over to the man grabbing him by the collar and lifts him of the ground so they were face his face, "WHERE IS SHE?!" To his annoyance the man was already unconscious, dropping them to the floor as he continues through the building beating up every henchman to come his way, he was on a warpath. He came to a hallway two stories up, two henchmen are guarding a door at the end, "She has to be in there." Steve mutters to himself, running round the corner, using his shield for cover, he dashes at the two guards giving them no time to react, he collides with them ramming both guards through the door destroying it on impact, wood splinters dispersing everywhere. Standing in the doorway in horror, witnessing Harley tied to the wall by each limb, wearing nothing but her black and red bra and gagged at the mouth. Harley looks at Steve and tries to speak but it's muffled. "You monsters!" He shouts as he picks up one and guards and throws him into the wall, beginning to wail on all the other henchmen in the room, "You guys have got hell to pay!" Shouting in anger as he continues to beatdown on all the henchmen in the room, Harley just watches in amazement, She's never seen him get angry before, her eyes wide open as she watches them all get tossed around the room like ragdolls.

The violence ends with Steve just standing in the middle of the room, fists clenched and breathing heavily staring at what he's done. "They had it coming to them." Whispering under his breath, quickly turning his attention to Harley, distraught at the situation she was in, quickly pulling the pins out of the walls that restrained her and pulling out the ball gag. Hugging her tightly, "Harley are you alright? Did they hurt you? Did they do anything to you? Sorry, let me find something to cover you up." The worry in his voice was obvious to her. He grabs a towel and wraps her up in it. "I'm fine Steve honest, they still hadn't done anything, but if you hadn't come when you...." Harley stops mid sentence as he swoops her off her feet. "I'll get you home Harley where it's safe, I won't leave your side, I promise." Slightly smiling at her as he runs out of the warehouse with her in his arms, heading in the direction to their apartment building. Running through the streets of Gotham, Harley looks up at his face, noticing how determined he looks, "Thank you, Steve." She whispers as she buries her head into his chest. After a long run they finally arrive back at her apartment, carrying her to the front door before placing her down, they walk in her apartment and sit down on the mattress.

Harley slumps against his shoulder. "You sure you're alright Harley? They didn't hurt you did they?" Asking her again, the sense of concern still obvious in his voice, "No Steve, they didn't do anything... but." She quietly manages before stopping abruptly. "But what Harley?" Turning to look at him, noticing the sense of care in his eyes, "While I was tied up back there you had me at your mercy, you could of... done.. anything to me." Harley says softly proceeding to crawl in front of him. "What do you mean by that Harley?" Pretending not to know what she meant, but his body language showing that he knew. "I'll show you." Harley whispers into his ear as she drops the towel, pushing him back against the mattress and climbing on top of him. Gazing at her body as he runs his hands down her chest then to her hips, her naked body feeling like heaven in his hands. Grabbing his costume she begins pulling it up his body and over his head before throwing it aside, trailing her hands down his chest, noticing the cuts he received from saving her, "You got injured because of me." Leaning in kissing his wounds, maintaining direct eye contact as she does it, "I have to pay you back for rescuing me Steve." Pressing her chest against his, feeling the warmth from his body. "Of course I would rescue you Harley." His hands wandering down her back, stopping just above the curve of her ass, giving it a firm squeeze, she bites her lip in pleasure, quickly glancing down at him knowing that a simple lip bite would drive him wild.