Chapter 8: Crime Fighting Team

Steve wakes up after a long day of exercising. He was lying in bed with the sheet on the floor and in a sweat patch. Must of had a bad dream, he thought to himself as he got up to go for a shower.

After getting showered and dressed, Steve decided to start making breakfast, but there was a knock at the door. He walks over and opens it slowly, seeing Harley standing with a basket of cookies grinning, "I wanted to thank ya for yesterday. I have never done so much exercise before." She winks and hands him the basket. He opens the door to let her in, "Thanks, Miss Quinn." She glares at him, "It's Harley!" Then skips in, noticing he was making breakfast she decides to sit on the counter next to the milk. Steve places the basket on the floor next to the kitchen door. He smiles at her as he pours the milk into his breakfast bowl. Harley leans towards him, "Did ya get a good sleep Stevie?" He nods as he places the milk back in the fridge. Harley looks at Steve with curiosity, "So do ya remember how you got here? What you did before? Who you are?" He couldn't remember much, only his name, the fact that he's older than he looks and some rich guy called Tony Stark. Steve walks into the bedroom to check his clothes to see if there is anything to help him. Harley follows after him, wondering what he could possible find in that uniform. He finds an ID card in his belt with a picture of his face and the name Captain America next to it. Harley grabs it and looks at it with excitement, "Hey! Maybe you were a superhero! We should be a crime fighting team!" She starts dancing around the room in excitement "Capt'n and Quinn! Crime fighting team!" He smiles at the thought, "You think we would make a good team?" She grins and nods with approval, still jumping around. Suddenly, she stops and turns to Steve, "Your breakfast!" He laughs, "Alright, I'll go and save it from the milk."

Finishing his breakfast, Steve thinks whether they should be a crime fighting duo. He starts to over think about how he got here, if he was a good guy or bad because a card means nothing and if he was sent here for something he did. Steve shakes the thoughts from his head and decides to take up Harley on the offer. She was so excited to be part of the team that she launched herself at him with all her force. It caught him off guard, but he managed to keep his balance as he embraced her for the first time today. She moved, so they were face to face, "Where do we start?" He laughs, "The news? Trouble makers are always on the news, whether it's a mugging or a bank robbery." They turn on the TV to see where the best place would be to start their crime fighting spree. Flicking through the channels, they finally come across a woman called Vicky Vale who was broadcasting live from Uptown Island at The Bank of Gotham, "A gang of thugs have been hitting banks all over the city. We believe that this will be next, tonight. We need all the help we can get, since the famous Batman is too busy taking down Arkhams most notorious killers. Will anyone help the police take down the money grabbing thieves?" Steve looks at Harley and smiles, she knew exactly what he was thinking and ran to the doorway "I'll be ready in 5 minutes." He looks at her with a raised eyebrow, "Alright, maybe 10." As she rushed out the door and up the stairs.

Steve was ready in his red, white and blue uniform and sitting on the stairs just outside Harley's apartment, waiting for her to get ready. He was looking forward to getting back to something he was good at, well he hoped he was a good at, he was lost in thought until he heard Harley's door open behind him. There she was wearing an all in one suit that had the top right and bottom left black and top left and bottom right red, with four small red diamonds on the upper right arm and lower left leg and four small black diamonds on the lower left arm and upper right leg, the outfit was skin tight. He swallows hard. "So whatcha think?" Harley says while giving a quick twirl on the spot. "You look the part." He says, not trying to say too much." His thoughts quickly change though, what happens if she gets hurt, scratching that from his mind, he decides to think positive. Steve smiles at her, "You ready?" Harley nods and they run up the stairs towards the roof.