Chapter 10: The Penguin

Steve stares at Oswald clenching his fists, "Where is she?!" Oswald gestures to the seat opposite him, "Why don't you have a seat?" Steve doesn't move, "Tell me where she is!" Oswald nods to someone behind Steve. Suddenly, a hand was placed on his shoulder. The hand gripped tighter around his shoulder and forced him to sit down. He didn't want to make a scene in case Harley was in danger. Facing Oswald, he leans on the table with his arms, his clenched fists, "What do you want me to do?" Oswald smiles, "Now you know how to behave like a gentleman!" Steve glares at him, but keeps his mouth shut. Oswald nods at the man standing next to Steve, he takes out a piece of paper from his top right pocket and places it in front of Steve. Opening the paper, he sees a time and address, Monarch Theatre, 11pm. Steve looks up at Oswald, "What do you want me to do?" Oswald chuckles, "I want you to stop a certain cat from stealing what belongs to me. It's a priceless artifact that is on display at the Monarch Theatre. Our source knows she will strike at 11pm so we need you to take it off her hands and place it in mine. All you have to do is bring it back in perfect condition and Harley will be spared!" Steve nods in agreement, "I best be on my way."

Steve knew there was no time to change, so he decided to head straight for the theatre. Running through the streets for about half an hour, he finally found the famous theatre with just ten minutes to spare. Climbing up the fire escape he notices a figure move along the rooftops. By the time he reached the top, Catwoman was standing in the middle of the roof swinging her whip, "What a pleasant surprise, handsome." Steve knew what he had to do, but was conflicted in telling her about Harley. He walked over to the open roof window and looked in, it was pitch black, turning to Catwoman, "Why are you here?" She looks him up and down, "That would be telling." She winked as she jumped through the window. Steve knew he had to follow her, but she doesn't trust him.

Catwoman reaches the stage and walks over to the centrepiece that was displayed in the middle of the stage. Using her claws to cut the glass, she grabs The Golden Key that was the size of a small child. Steve watches her as he walks silently down the aisle. Just before climbing on the stage, he asks, "What makes that key so important?" Catwoman turns to face him, "Why are you so interested? You don't seem the type to care much for artifacts." Steve walks towards her slowly, while watching his surroundings, "I am interested in that one. It is very important to me." Catwoman begins to become curious, "It's the key to heaven, or so they say and it's worth millions." Steve creeps ever closer to her so they are just inches apart, "It must be very important." She starts to strut around him, gently using her claws to stroke his back, "There is something you are not telling me." Steve feels uncomfortable at her touch, but manages to grab her arm and put her in the arm lock. He holds her there while he grabs the key with his other hand, "My apologies, I had no choice." Catwoman kicks him in the knee, making him lose his grip on her arm. She turns towards the stage doors, shouting, "There is always a choice!"

Steve walks out onto the streets of Gotham, he looks up at the night sky and starts to feel raindrops on his cheeks and nose. Arguing to himself, I shouldn't have done that, but I had no choice. He begins to walk back to the club.

Arriving at the entrance, the security guard nods at him and lets him through. Walking towards the booth, he notices a familiar figure. He turns towards the bar and begins to head towards the figure. Putting his hand on their shoulder, he gently turns them around to see a very familiar face. He looks up and down at her in amazement, "You look fine. I don't understand." Harley starts laughing, "Why are you all wet?" Steve looks around the club, confused as to what just happened. He gently grabs Harley's hand and walks towards an empty booth. She willingly sits down opposite him and tilts her head to the side in curiosity. Steve is still looking at her like she is a figment of his imagination, "Where were you when I came out of the restroom?" Harley points towards a dark blue curtain in the corner, guarded by two men, "They invited me to the VIP room. The man said they would tell ya where I was and let you in too." Steve looks around to see Cobblepot's men watching them. He turns towards Harley, "I think it's time we leave." Looking at him annoyed, she leaves the booth and heads straight to the dance floor. Steve rolls his eyes, deciding that it would be better to sort this out alone. Walking over to the bartender, Steve nods and the man lets him in the back.

Steve walks down a cold narrow staircase with a single blue door at the end. He opens the door to find Cobblepot sitting at a desk filled with paperwork and three men by his side. Oswald waves Steve to come in and sit down. Steve takes out the key and throws it on the desk, "I got what you asked for." Oswald picks up the key and stares at it closely, smiling as he turns to Steve, "Well done, maybe I should hire you." Steve slams his fists on the desk making all the men in the room jump, "I will never work for you! You lied to me! Harley is completely fine and there was no threat whatsoever!" Steve is trying to hold himself back. Oswald starts to laugh, "I never said she was in danger! It's not very gentlemanly to put a woman's life in danger or take her score." Without hesitation, Steve turns to the man on his left and punches him square in the face, knocking him out cold. Then turns the guy standing on the right and kicks him in the face, making him unconscious. Oswald looks on in horror, not knowing how to defend himself. Steve launches at the guy behind Oswald and head-butts him, making his nose bleed. Steve turns to face Oswald, making sure he is inches away from his face, "You need to act like a gentleman, not me!" Steve stands straight and heads towards the door. Oswald is sitting behind his desk in shock and hatred.

Steve walks towards Harley who is busting some moves on the dance floor. She turns to see his suit has been torn, "What happened?" Steve links his arm with hers and heads towards the door, "I think it's time we leave and I'm fine, Harley."

Walking down the street, Harley turns to Steve in curiosity, "Why won't you tell me what happened?" Steve continues looking straight ahead, "Nothing for you to worry about." She shrugs it off and starts to hum to herself as they walk down the dimly lit streets of Gotham.

Walking through the door of Harley's apartment, there were plants everywhere. Steve looks around in surprise, "You didn't have this many plants when we left?" Harley turns towards the nearest plant and starts screaming in excitement, "Red!" He looks at her with a raised eyebrow.

Suddenly, a lady with red hair, a green body and dark green clothes walks out of Harley's bedroom. She walks over to Harley and hugs her, "It's great to see you. I hope you like the new decorations. This building needed more nature." Harley looks around her apartment, "It's wonderful!" Steve walks over to the red headed lady and holds out his hand, "Pleasure to meet you." The red headed female looks at his hand in disgust, "The name is Poison Ivy and I am not touching your hand!" Steve lowers his hand, feeling confused about how he insulted her. Ivy turns to Harley, "We need to talk." Harley nods eagerly and they walk off into the bedroom, closing the door behind them, leaving Steve alone in the living room thinking about everything that happened today.