Chapter 1: The Invitation

"Ren, Wake up!" His mother yelled from downstairs. The 16 year old boy was sitting on the roof watching the sky, he heard his mom but he waited.. Something about today seemed different, like he was being watched.

He gazed out across the street as he saw fellow students pass by, suddenly a letter cut through the air like a dart and stuck into the house directly beside his head, his cautious eyes saw it coming so he didn't bat an eye nor did he see where it came from. He took a deep breath as the wind blew through his black shaggy hair that fell just right around his eyes. He reached for the note and opened it then began to read "Ren Rikudo you have been invited to Mikoru High school, if you are interested in furthering your power then follow the man in front of you." He looked up and was a little shocked to see man in a white suit staring at him, "Grab your things." The man said. "Who are you?" Ren decided to ask, the man had a faint grin and replied "I am the Vice-Principle at your new school, my name doesn't matter so just call me Vice." he said.

Ren stared at him for a few moments then decided to do as he was asked, he got up and grabbed his metal tonfas and tucked them on each side of his belt, then grabbed his black jacket and pulled it around himself, he wore a white short sleeved button up shirt and fitted black dress pants. Once he was done getting those items he yelled down to his mom "i'm off!" then stepped back out the window and jumped to the ground where Vice was, the man seemed to be in his mid- thirties, he was at least 6'2 with a built body, whereas Ren was only 5'9 with a more slender but built type of body.

The two of them walked for some miles before Vice decided to say something "From my reports i hear your quite the troublesome one aren't you?" he said with a sigh. Ren kept looking forward, ignoring his statement, "You know.. If you decide to cause trouble at this school we have the right to put you down, i'm sure your aware this is a school based for fighting." he was beginning to irritate Ren, as he was not a very talkative person or patient and most of all he followed nobody's rules but his own. His love for fighting urged him to ask Vice "Oh? Would you like to test that theory." he said with sharp eyes.

Vice stopped and turned slightly "If you want to be put in the nurses office the moment we get to the school i suppose that's your problem." He said,Vices leg seemingly disappeared and reappeared a foot away from Ren's head, he quickly ducked under it and slid his tonfas unto his forearms then hit Vice between his ribs, He dropped to a knee but as he did so he hit a pressure point right under Ren's jaw knocking him unconscious. "Jeez this kids a monster" he coughed at the loss of breath as he picked Ren up and carried him a ways, as the school came into sight he was about to take him to the nurses office before Ren slipped out between his arms and gave him a glare then walked off to look around the campus.

"Do you see why i wanted him here?" a sweet looking old man with a little scruff under his chin said as he smiled as Vice, "Yes sir." Vice said to the older man. "He is supposed to be at the top of his school grade wise and not only that but his martial arts are impeccable." The man thought for a moment before leaning on his cane, the man was wearing a brown suit with a black tie, he was a small man of only 5'6 he is also the Principle at this school and a high ranking official in the government, his name is Todo.
"Well i suppose i'll go back to my office, Vice lighten up a little okay? You seem far too tense." he said with a gentle grin, soon after he walked off.

Ren was at the top of the school gazing over the massive campus with his mysterious black eyes, he was a little excited, now don't take that the wrong way he was excited to become stronger not to meet new people.
He breathed in the scent of the air and decided he wouldn't mind staying here a while, he had no idea why he was here or where exactly 'here' is but that didn't bother him.
Ren held his tonfas in his hands instinctively, it was almost impossible to tell they were there at all, he hid them so well, he began to walk back down the stairs to go find out where his room would be.

As he passed he was instantly noticed by a boy about the same age that was going upstairs to the roof, the boy had blonde hair that seemed to almost glow "Hello." He said to Ren. But Ren just kept walking ignoring him, he seemed a little hurt then shrugged and continued on his way.
Ren walked up to the front desk and asked where he was supposed to stay, the lady looked at him oddly then regretted it when his eyes narrowed staring directly into her eyes, she was both intimidated and excited, Ren was quite handsome she thought to herself then blushed and looked at her desk "You'll be going to room 472 for tonight... But tomorrow you'll be assigned a club and a rank in the club, heres your key." she said slowly getting into a mumble without noticing, she reached her hand out to give him the key, before she even realized it the key was gone and oddly so was Ren.

He walked one section of the building over and up three flights of stairs then found his temporary room, he heard someone moving inside so he unlocked the door and walked in kicking a person with golden hair into the wall causing the boy hit to groan as he slid to the ground "what the hell?" he said dazed. "why are you in my room?" Ren questioned, "this is our room so just deal with it until tomorrow kay?" He said hopefully.
Ren blinked once as he thought it over, he then grabbed a chair that was sitting around the dining room table and placed it in the corner, he sat down and began to wait for the next day, whereas his temporary roommate seemed a little on edge and was keeping his distance, they both fell asleep on opposite sides of the room.