Chapter 15: Undying Will

Yuki woke up before Jess did the next morning, he pulled some food from Jess's pack and put it in the pot after he relit the fire, he was making a different type of stew that he remembered Satoru making once, not all of the necessary ingediants were there but he managed with what he had, Jess woke up to a nice smell and thankfully took a bowl of it, as did Yuki and once they were both finished Jess stood up and stretched "Okay same routine." He said with a grin, Yuki's eyes got wide once again but he accepted there was no way around it, he ran then did the push ups and sit ups, it took a process of eleven hours, they had woken up around six in the morning so it was mid afternoon, Yuki once again fell to the ground gasping for breath once he finished but once he cought his breath  he stood up and got into position for the fight, Jess had already grabbed his bokken and released his soul's aura, for a moment Yuki was frightened but he realized that it wasn't dark and now and he would be able to see his opponents movements, without warning again Jess dissapeared so Yuki ducked and lunged ahead of him trying to dodge his opponent, he was struck from the side sending him flying and skidding across the ground, Yuki quickly did a flip back to his feet and heard a faint movement beside him, he raised his left hand and blocked a kick from Jess who was now amazed, "Not bad i guess ill have to try a little harder huh?" He said as blurry images of Jess circled him, he didnt know where he should block from so he stayed motionless, there was no time to react he was hit from all sides and suddenly he fell to his knees and just as he was about to fall on his face he was kicked in the chest knocking him unto his back, he rolled over and started to curl up into a ball, "Yuki... with your current power you have no right to be considered the boss of anything, all of your friends will die if someone they cant beat comes along and even you cant defeat them." Jess said firmly, Yuki stood up and looked at him in the eyes "Then lets continue." He said with a new attitude, Jess disappeared again only this time.. Yuki cought him by the arm and went to knee him in the stomach but Jess leaped out of his grasp in time and was truly surprised 'Senbon wasnt joking.. this kid has potential' he thought to himself, he lifted his bokken above his head and brought it down pointing it at Yuki, "Cloudless Nightmare." Jess said with narrowed eyes, a massive jolt of green lightning struck Yuki blasting him far back, he layed motionless as smoke rolled off of him due to his shirt that was now in tatters, Jess appeared above him drop kicking his chest forcing Yuki to cough, immediatly after he kicked him in the side lifting him into the air where he began hitting him back and fourth with his bokken, after a minute of this as Yuki was falling barely conscious, Jess appeared below him and swung his fist up slamming Yuki back into the air and falling some feet away, he went to attack him again but Yuki was standing, his fists and the hair just above his forehead burst into orange flames and his eyes went from a soft blue to a focused orange, he had unleashed his soul, "Sorry about that but the only way i knew to bring out your powers was a near death experience, Now then.. Lets continue." He said with a smirk, he dissapeared and re-appeared in front of Yuki swinging his bokken at him, it was cought and held "Thank you Jess, i want you to try your hardest so i may progress faster." Yuki said calmly with a lower voice than normal, Jess jumped back and stared at him "Alright just dont blame me when you can't move afterwards." He said smiling 'if i dont i think i might get injured... ive never seen anyone have their flames that big and noticeable without any training.. this kid sure is something.' He thought to himself.

Ren had been fighting Senbon for hours now and relentlessly swung at him showing no sign of exhaustion, Senbon lit his Sun flames and had to heal himself every time he was hit by Ren who was seemingly increasing in speed, Ren's tonfas were emitting noticeable purple flames as well, larger than Yuki's but not because of their power only because they were spread out across his weapons and not directed in smaller areas, Senbon knew Ren was strong but this is rediculous, Jess was stronger than Senbon but he still figured he could be at ease fighting him, Ren had him on his toes the whole time.