Chapter 13: New Teacher

The next morning seemed a lottle colder than normal, it was probably due to them sleeping by the pond. "My back hurts." Akira said as he was doing jumping jacks to wake up, Tetsu watched him like he was an idiot "your way to extreme man..." he said as he watched, Yuki sat up and stretched and Satoru did the same a moment later, Misuto woke up before the others and watched over them whereas Hirai was still asleep and snoring obnoxiously, "Good now that your all awake lets head back, Yuki you and i will split off from the others around halfway." He said as he looked over them and noticed Hirai, he walked up and kicked his side "Hey wake up." He said bluntly, he didnt move, Senbon lifted his leg up above his head and brought it down on Hirai's side "Wake up!" He yelled, the others laughed as Hirai jumped up with drool all over his face and running down his neck, "i'm up! Where am i whats going on?" He yelled looking side to side, "Goodmorning." Satoru said happily
Hirai looked at him and smiled and realized the slobber so he quickly wiped it off and looked at Satoru again "Goodmorning!" He yelled as he itched the back of his head, Senbon sighed and walked a few feet back to look at everyone "Alright everyone ready?" He said loud enough for everyone to hear, they all nodded "Lets go." He said as he turned around and began running back towards the school.

The outsides of the trees around Ren were in splinters, he held his tonfa's and looked at them "Not good enough." He said getting angry at himself, he relit his tonfa's in the purple flame, only this time it wasn't just a faint glow, it was lit with a thin layer of flame all over, suddenly someone jumped at him from the trees and swung at him with a bokken, Ren's eyes narrowed as he lifted his right arm and deflected it following it up with rotating to his side and swinging his left one at the back of the persons head, it was blocked and they both jumped at eachother and began clashing weapons in a flurry, Ren was backing his opponent to a tree before he jumped back then darted into a tree and smiled "Its true what Senbon said about you, carry on!" He shouted as he smiled and seemed to dissapear, Ren began chasing him.

As they got around halfway to the school Yuki and Senbon split up from the others without saying a word, everyone else continued on their way back to the school, "So... Tired!" Hirai panted from the back of the line, "Shut up idiot!" Tetsu yelled as he looked back at him, "It isn't that bad Hirai you can do it." Satoru said reassuringly, they all continued their way back to the school talking back and fourth and occasionally Hirai and Tetsu yelled at eachother.

After an hour of running Senbon stopped and Yuki barely had time to stop himself from running into him as he was directly behind him, "He was supposed to be waiting for us here." He said calmly and he seemed to be perfectly fine whereas Yuki was breathing slightly heavier than normal, "Maybe he's just a little late?" Yuki said just before he seen someone that looked to be twelve years old jump from the trees and into the clearing, soon after Ren jumped out after him and lunged at him again forcing the boy into a clash again, The boy had brown hair and eyes and was only around 5'3 but he seemed veey skilled, he moved elegantly like the wind as he blocked amd dodged Ren's attacks, he was still being forced to back up as they clashed but he showed no sign of slowing down, he swung at Ren from below forcing him to jump back to dodge, "Ren stop, he is here to help Yuki." Senbon said with a normal tone, Ren looked at him then back to the boy "When your done find me." He said firmly as he turned and started walking back to the clearing he was originally at. "Phew he chased me pretty far, he sure is a dangerous guy huh? I almost had to use my flames." The boy said as he grinned and laughed, Senbon looked at him then to Yuki "This is my friend that you will learn under, his name is Jess." Senbon said looking at them both, "Pleasure to meet you!" Jess said boomingly, "You too... how old are you of you dont mind my asking?" Yuki replied, "I am twenty six years old." He said to Yuki, his jaw dropped after the boy had said that and he didnt know what else to say, Senbon broke the silence, "Anyways ill be heading back.. i need to teach the others on how to use their soul better." He said as he turned away from them and ran off before Yuki could say goodbye, "Well i guess to start off i was told you and Ren are equals as of now, your stamina lacks from what i need it to be, you see that mountain?" Jess said as he pointed to it, the mountain was about 15 miles away, "I want you to run to it and back before nightfall, its only noon so you have plenty of time." He said as he sat down, Yuki looked at him and laughed thinking it was a joke, but Jess just stared at him and waited, after a moment Yuki realized that he wasnt joking and his eyes widened, "Your kidding! Theres no way i can do that." Yuki said trying to change the boy's mind, "Go because if you dont make it back by nightfall you dont get any dinner." Jess said as he smiled, Yuki turned around and didnt bother to whine any further, he began sprinting towards the mountain, "Oh and grab me a sakura leaf when your there so i know you actually went!" Jess called out, Yuki lifted his arm in the air and waved signaling that he understood and Jess layed back and closed his eyes for a nap.