Chapter 17: Reunion

Tetsu and Satoru were the first to meet in Todo's office, Misuto soon followed and after her came Hirai, they all waited a bit and Akira walked in, it was almost another hour of waiting before small talk turned into a conversation, "Where's the boss and Ren?" Satoru asked Tetsu, he shrugged and opened his mouth to reply but Senbon walked in at that moment, "I have no idea where Ren is or if he will come, as for Yuki he should have already been here, i went to where he was training with my friend Jess but all i found was a ruined plain where battle was evident." He said as he walked over to Todo and leaned on his desk, Todo continued to sit and looked over everyone, "Tetsu.. seeing as you consider yourself Yuki's right hand man i will make you the leader until Yuki returns." Todo said softly, Tetsu grinned then nodded his understanding.

Yuki was still at the plains they had made their training grounds, Jess shot another massive bolt at him, Yuki was shot back and once again only froze a small portion of it, he didn't fall after being struck but looked at Jess and nodded for him to send another, 'Maybe instead of holding the flames there the whole time, if i just revert them to cold at the last second it might use more of the power for the shot.' He thought to himself.

"Alright here goes!" Jess yelled as another one blasted at him, Yuki bent his knees preparing for the impact, the sound from the hit was heard within a few miles away.

"Okay today we will come up with a plan... tomorrow's the big day so i hope your all ready." Todo said softly, "If theres seven of them and only five of us then ill take three, when you all finish with your opponent come help in case its even needed." Tetsu said with a hint of arrogance, "No what if you were killed!" Satoru yelled, Akira nodded his agreement to Satoru, "Im not weak, dont worry about me." Tetsu said with confidence, everyone seemed tense without Yuki around.

Ren was on the trail watching the enemy make their way up the road, they were still quite a ways away from the school, he jumped out lifting his Tonfa aiming it towards them, "Roaring Cloud." He said with a straight face, they all jumped out of the way except for one who was shot back into a tree, he fell unconscious, "Who the hell are you brat!" Said a man in black pants with a green shirt on, he was tall and muscular seeming to be the leader after stepping in front of the others after the attack, "The weak dont deserve to live." Ren replied as he slowly walked towards them, "Kill him!" The man in green yelled, him and his five men charged at Ren.

The leader was the first one to attack, he pulled a sword and swung it at Ren  who swiped his sword to the side with his left tonfa, at the same time he brought the right one under the mans chin knocking him back, "Your all so weak the others could wipe you out without me even lifting a hand." Ren said with a sigh as he turned and started walking away, one of the men ran at him and swung a punch, Ren grabbed his hand and twisted breaking his wrist, the man dropped and Ren only watched him.

"I see you've gotten stronger child." Said a man with blood red hair as he walked along the path, "Please excuse my tardy but i had something to do." Sin said as bloodlust filled the air, Ren glared at him, "This time, ill kill you." He said as he pulled his tonfas out, "Ah ah ah.. sorry but no, im quite busy so lets finish this later." Sin said as he disappeared, Ren looked over to the five men left, "I guess you'll have to do." He said as he walked towards them, "No! No please! We are his weakest squad please spare us!" They all pleaded, Ren continued with no mercy, Screams were heard echoing through the air for the next few minutes.

Akira and the others made their way back to their room for the first time in days and all plopped down, Satoru went to the kitchen and began preparing dinner, everyone fell asleep within minutes, he sighed and thought about the upcoming battle 'I hope that we can manage without Yuki and Ren.' He thought.

Akira yawned from the next room over, he walked into the kitchen and looked at Satoru as he scratched the back of his neck, "whatcha making?" He asked with a tone that made him sound only half awake, Satoru smiled, "sushi!" He said happily, Akira's face lit up "Really? Awesome! I love sushi!" He yelled, "Shut up dumbass!" Tetsu yelled from his bed, Hirai jumped up and tackled Tetsu, Akira walked into the room to see what the ruckus was and was kicked in the face, suddenly an all out brawl between the three broke out causing Misuto to wake up and watch them, "Dinners ready!" Satoru yelled, suddenly they all stopped and filed into the kitchen excited for dinner, even Hirai walked instead of running "Thank you for the food!" Akira yelled, the others thanked him as well but in a quieter manner,  as they all finished dinner the sun went down, they put their plates into the sink and went to their beds laying down, Everyone layed awake staring at the ceiling as the moonlight came in, they all thought about one thing... Tomorrow's fight.