Just A Kiss

As Lauren was at her desk doing her homework, Camila sat there, admiring her side profile.

"Camz? What'd you get for number 29?" She asked, lightly tapping her paper with her pencil.

"Huh? Oh... uh..." Camila looked down at her math homework, scanning for the answer to the question.

"I got 7/27."

Lauren nodded. "Okay, good. Me too," she said, then moved on to the last question.

"You know, it's rude to stare," she stated as she worked out the problem.

A blush slowly crept onto the shorter girl's face. "Sorry," she mumbled, embarrassed that Lauren caught her staring at her.

"It's alright, Camz. What'd you get for 30?"

"I got 19."

Lauren nodded happily and put away her homework and pencils.

"Are you okay?" Lauren asked suddenly.

She raised her eyebrows. "What do you mean?"

Lauren shrugged. "I don't know. You've just been acting strange lately. You've been quiet. You haven't been around much lately. You barely talk to me anymore."

"Oh..." was all Camila could say.

"Are you mad at me? Did I do something?"

She shook her head. "No. No, you didn't. I just... things are complicated, Lo."

"You can tell me. I'm here for you. Please."

Camila sighed. She was so tempted to tell her. But she didn't. "I'm just tired. I have so much to do. I just wanna relax, you know?"

Lauren nodded. "How about we listen to music?"

She smiled. "Sure."

Lauren put her Spotify playlist on shuffle and 'Just A Kiss' by Lady Antebellum came on.

A wide smile formed on her beautiful face, melting Camila's heart.

She stood up and held out her hand.

"Lauren, what are you doing?"

"Dance with me, Camz," she said smiling.

"No. I don't dance."

"Please?"

She shook her head. "Nope."

She rolled her eyes and grabbed Camila's hand, pulling her along to the center of her room.

Camila sighed and rolled her eyes playfully, causing the green-eyed goddess in front of her to giggle.

She put her arms around Camila's waist, and Camila put her arms around her neck and they both swayed to the music.

Camila felt her face heat up once she noticed how close their faces were. She could've sworn she saw Lauren staring at her lips, causing her heart to nearly burst out of her chest.

She began singing quietly, and Camila's heart melted at the soft yet slightly raspy tone of her voice.

"Just a kiss on your lips in the moonlight,
Just a touch of the fire burning so bright
No, I don't wanna mess this thing up,
I don't wanna push too far..."

She was tempted to kiss her now more than ever. But she fought the urge.

"Just a shot in the dark that you just might
Be the one I've been waiting for
My whole life, so baby, I'm alright
With just a kiss goodnight..."

Camila stared into her eyes, trying to figure out what she was thinking. She continued singing.

"I know that if we give this a little time,
It'll only bring us
Closer to the love we wanna find
It's never felt so real,
No, it's never felt so right..."

She couldn't fight the temptation any longer.

Camila grabbed her by the collar of her shirt and pulled her forward. The moment their lips met, Camila's stomach erupted with butterflies. Camila let out a quiet but still slightly audible moan, causing Lauren to smile.

The older girl pulled away, smiling still. "You have no idea how badly I've wanted to do that lately," she whispered.

"Me too, Lo. Me too," Camila said happily.