I Have Questions

I took a deep breath.

I was about to go out on stage and perform a song I wrote.

It's for the high school talent show; Dinah made me do this. She saw it as an 'opportunity to get over Lauren'.

As if that would ever work.

I've tried. For four years, I've tried.

I loved her with all I had. I'd do anything for her, no matter how crazy or weird. She knows that, too. She takes advantage of it. She knows what effect she has on me, and does she care? No.

So I wrote a song. I wrote a few, actually. But Dinah insisted I sing this one.

Normally, I would be fine with this. I love to sing. The problem was the fact that Lauren was in the audience. I saw her. She doesnt suspect anything. She doesn't know I'm going to perform a song I wrote because of her in five minutes. She has no clue.

Crap, I don't think I can do this.

"Mila, you're on in 3," Ally says, snapping me out of my thoughts.

Ally was one of my three best friends. She was the mom of the group. She was always there for me. She was always there for all of us.

I looked at the shorter girl and sighed. "I don't know if I can do this, Ally..."

Ally put her clipboard down and wrapped her arms around me. "You'll do great, Mila. Really. If you want, You, me, and Dinah can go get some ice cream after the show. Sound good?"

I nodded. "I guess..."

Normani and Shawn then appeared. She had danced with Shawn Mendes to the song 'Impossible' by Shontelle. The crowd seemed to love it.

"You're up, Camila. You'll do great."

I smiled awkwardly and nodded. Normani was Lauren's best friend. She knew how I felt about Lauren and I could tell she felt bad for me. Overall, I thought Normani was cool. We didn't talk much, but I knew her enough to know she had a thing for Dinah, and she loved to dance and sing.

"It's time, Mila. You'll do great," Ally said, patting my back.

I gulped and nodded, and then headed out on stage.

"Next up... She'll be singing a song she wrote, called 'I Have Questions'. Please welcome the amazing Camila Cabello!" Ally's voice announced and the crowd cheered.

I heard Dinah shout, "YEAHHH!!! YOU GO CHANCHO!!!! SNATCH 'EM!!!"

I giggled and cleared my throat as the music started. I began singing the lyrics.

"Why did you leave me here to burn?
I'm way too young to be this hurt
I feel doomed in hotel rooms
Staring straight up at the wall
Counting wounds
And I am trying to numb them all"

The audience was dead silent, and i did everything I could possibly do to keep myself from crying.

"Do you care, do you care?
Why don't you care?
I gave you all of me,
My blood, my sweat, my heart,
And my tears
Why don't you care, why don't you care?
I was there, I was there
When no one was
Now you're gone, and I'm here"

Right then and there, I saw Lauren watching me with an unreadable expression. There was no way to tell what she was thinking.

"I have questions for you
Number one, tell me who you think you are
You got some nerve,
Trying to tear my faith apart
I have questions
Number two, why would you
Try and play me for a fool
I should have never, ever, ever
Trusted you
I have questions
Number three, why weren't you
Who you swore that you would be
I have questions,
I got questions haunting me
I have questions for you
I have questions, I have questions
I have questions for you"