Hate To Love You

Camila roamed the halls of the school, occasionally passing a group of students and a couple teachers. She had just finished with her classes for the day and decided to use the free time she had to just... Think.

So much had happened within the last few weeks. She was the reason Gryffindor lost the quidditch game against Slytherin. She accidentally pissed off Professor Longbottom and he ended up making her stay to clean up the classroom. Then there was Lauren.

Lauren Jauregui. A Slytherin. Camila hated it. She didn't hate Lauren though, she could never. What Camila hated was her feelings for the girl.

Camila hated how Lauren's eyes were the most mesmerizing thing she'd ever seen. She hated how her heart thudded against her chest as her eyes lit up while she spoke about her favorite things. She hated how she could easily get trapped in them. She hated how she wanted to stare into her beautiful eyes all day. She hated how Lauren's laugh was the only thing that could bring her pure happiness. She hated how badly she wanted to just make her laugh, to hear that heavenly sound. She hated how contagious her laughter was. She hated how Lauren's smile made her heart melt. She hated how only Lauren's smile could brighten up her day. She hated how badly she wanted to be the cause of that beautiful smile. She hated how she had the constant urge to kiss her. She hated how badly she wanted to hug her and hold her and be with her. She hated how Lauren's voice made her nearly have a heart attack. She hated how she wanted to fall asleep to the sound of it. She hated how all she needed to make her day complete was to hear Lauren's voice. She absolutely hated how she'd managed to fall for a Slytherin.

No matter what she or anyone else did or said, there was no changing that.

"Hey, Camz?"

Camila was snapped out of her thoughts, and turned to see Lauren.

"I thought I told you not to call me that," she muttered and continued walking down the hall.

"Fine, Camila, well I want to talk to you," Lauren said, stopping in front of her.

"Well that makes one of us." Camila tried pushing passed the older girl, but Lauren caught her arm.

"Camila, please."

"Let go, Jauregui," Camila growled.

"No, Cabello, not until we talk."

Camila rolled her eyes. "No, I have the exam for Potions to study for. Now let me go." She pulled her arm out of Lauren's grasp and continued walking.

Gryffindor tower was just a few dozen yards away. If she could make it...

Lauren grabbed Camila's arm again, pulling her aside into an empty corridor.

"Camila, please. Just five minutes. Please," Lauren begged.

Camila sighed, and looked up into the older girl's eyes. She realized that was a bad idea because she knew once she looked into those eyes, there was no way she could possibly say no.

"Fine," she mumbled, causing a smile to form on Lauren's face.

"Good."

Lauren let go of Camila's arm and took a deep breath. She noticed how the brown-eyed girl wouldn't even look at her.

"Why do you hate me?" Lauren quietly asked.

Camila frowned slightly, knowing deep down that this was what Lauren was going to ask.

"Camila... do you hate me? Is it because I'm Slytherin? I'm not a stereotypical Slytherin, Camila. "

"No, that's not... I don't hate you," she said.

Lauren nodded slowly. "Then... Why do you act like it?"

Camila looked down at her feet, then back up at Lauren. "It's... Complicated, Lauren."

"How so?"

"It just is. I need to study, Lauren..."

"No," Lauren angrily said. "Why do you act like you hate me if you don't? What's the point? What did I do to you?"

"Lauren-"

"No! Tell me what the hell I did wrong! Why do you act like I cursed your family?! Tell me what I did, so I can fix it," Lauren nearly shouted, cutting her off.

Camila looked straight into Lauren's eyes. The eyes she'd fallen in love with.

"Fuck it," Camila mumbled quietly to herself. "You wanna know why I act like this? You really wanna know? Fine. I act like this to convince myself that what I'm feeling isn't true. Because I don't want to feel this way."

Lauren furrowed her eyebrows. "What feelings are you trying to push away?" She asked cautiously.

Camila laughed bitterly. "I'm in love with you. Can I go now?"

Lauren's facial expression was unreadable. "You're in love with me?"

"I'm sorry, did I stutter?" Camila asked sarcastically.

Lauren sighed. "Camila, I'm just trying to understand."

"Yeah. Understand. Good luck with that," Camila muttered and shoved passed Lauren. She continued towards Gryffindor tower.
---
Camila flipped to the next page of her Potions textbook. She tried to concentrate on studying, but all that she could think about was the conversation she had with Lauren earlier. She felt guilty for just walking off, but she didn't want to break down in front of  the Slytherin.

"Camila."

Camila groaned. How did Lauren get in?

"Go away, Lauren."

"You're really in love with me?"

Camila rolled her eyes. "Go away, Lauren," she repeated.

"No, Camz. I won't."

"Don't call me that."

"I can call you whatever I want, Camz. Now answer me. You're really in love with me?"

Camila frowned and stood up. "What, do you want proof or something?"

Lauren crossed her arms. "I want the truth. I want to know what you're thinking," she stated, stepping closer to the Gryffindor.

"Do you really?" Camila challenged, stepping back.

"Yes. I do." Lauren slowly approached the shorter girl, backing her into the corner of the room until they were just inches apart from one another.

"Tell me what you're thinking right now," Lauren breathed out.

"Kiss me," Camila demanded.

Lauren smirked and pulled Camila forward by her robes, connecting their lips.

Camila's heart nearly stopped as their lips moved against one another. She felt dizzy and weak, but at the same time, she felt better than she ever had in a long time.

After a few seconds, Camila pulled away slightly to look in to Lauren's eyes, to search for any signs of hesitation or regret. There wasn't.

"Does this mean you feel the same?" Camila asked shyly.

Lauren smiled and Camila's heart was racing.

"It does," Lauren confirmed.