You Ruined My Life

Camila sat on her bed, silent tears streaming down her cheeks. 

Her life was looking pretty shitty right about now. She hated her family, with the exception of Sofi. She lost her best friend. Her grades weren't doing so well, so she could potentially not graduate. And now the love of her life had left her at the worst time possible. 

Camila wanted so desperately to call up Dinah and let her know what was happening. She couldn't do that though, because Dinah warned her. Dinah warned her this would happen, and she didn't listen. She was too blinded by the love she had for her girlfriend, that she didn't realize her best friend was right. 

She couldn't go to her mother. Her mother would yell at her for being such an idiot for not seeing it coming. Everything was always her own fault, according to her mother. She was right though, everything was always her own fault. Her father hasn't spoken to her since she told him she was gay. There was no doubt in Camila's mind that he wouldn't care if Camila's heart had been shattered by the love of her life, not if the love of her life was a female. 

She lost all motivation to do any of her school work. She had been too focused on her, that it just never seemed as important to her as it was to others. All she wanted was her. All she wanted was to spend her life with the one and only girl she has ever and will ever love. All she wanted was to be happy, and to make her happy. But that won't happen. Camila had a plan, and it had been completely ruined the moment she fell in love. Now it's too late to go back to that plan. It had been ruined. 

Camila's phone buzzed, signaling that she had received a text message. 

Lauren: I'm so sorry, Camz.

Camila: I know.

Camila put down the phone and took a deep breath. She wasn't ready to see her again the next day. It would hurt her far too much. They had three classes together. There was no avoiding her. What was there to do? 

Lauren: Can we please talk tomorrow? 

The brown-eyed brunette frowned. The last thing she wanted to do was talk to the girl who broke her heart. But she really had no other choice, because she knew it would have to happen eventually. 

Camila: I guess

She threw her phone to the side and laid down. At that moment, she felt the familiar hole in her chest. It had been a while since she last felt it, a year, three months, and five days, to be exact. The day before they had gotten back together. Camila knew that the emptiness would spread and soon, she would be consumed by it once more. 

Her phone buzzed again.

Lauren: I'm going to go to bed now... Good night, Camila.

Camila: Good night.

Camila set her phone on the desk beside her bed and rolled onto her side to face the wall. She grabbed her stuffed cat plush and hugged it tight, allowing sleep to take over.

---

"Nice to see that you're on time today, Camila!" 

Camila smiled weakly at her teacher as she set her backpack down on her table. "Yeah..."

Mrs. DeGeneres put a hand on Camila's shoulder. "Are you alright?"

The brown-eyed girl nodded, not wanting to let the older woman know how empty she felt. "I'm fine. Just really tired. I was up all night finishing up an English assignment."

The teacher didn't buy the excuse, however, she let it go anyway. "Alright, well if you need something, my door is always open."

Camila smiled and thanked her, then pulled out her notebook and a pencil. Just then, Dinah walked in. 

"Hi, Mrs. DeGeneres!" Dinah happily greeted her favorite teacher. Dinah met Camila's eyes for just a second before sitting down at her own table. 

Camila felt an intensely sharp pain in her chest as soon as Dinah looked away. 'Christ, I want to shoot myself right now,' she thought begrudgingly. Next walked in the last person Camila wanted to see. 

Lauren looked at Camila and then down at her feet as she set her stuff on her table. She looked back at Camila, sadness present in her emerald-green eyes.

The emptiness began to dissipate and suddenly Camila felt overwhelmed with something else. It wasn't sadness. It wasn't happiness. It was anger. Pure anger.

Camila looked at the clock. 5 minutes before class begun. She stood up and made her way over to the taller girl, grabbed her by the wrist, and pulled her out of the classroom.

"Camila? Are you okay?" Lauren asked, making Camila explode.

"No, Lauren. I am not fucking okay. I love you. More than you could possibly imagine. And what do you do? You leave me. I understand that you're unsure of what you want, but Lauren, you hurt me. As much as I hate admitting it, you did and I dont know if I could forgive you. I lost all of my friends to be with you. I had a plan for myself, and then you came along and completely demolished it. You broke down my walls, made me believe I had a chance at not only succeeding, but at being happy too, only to ruin it all. I wasn't going to let myself fall for you. But then I decided to give it a chance because I believed you. I believed you loved me and wouldn't hurt me and you turned around and shattered my heart. You completely ruined any chance I had at getting anywhere in life. You ruined any chance I had at happiness. And you completely and utterly destroyed any chance of me ever allowing myself to love again. You fucking destroyed me, Lauren. You ruined me and you fucking ruined my life." Lauren stared at me, her eyes watering. My thoat hurt and my voice was scratchy after yelling at her. I wasn't done though. "You ruined my fucking life and I can't even hate you for it."

That caused Lauren to break down in tears. I stared at her, feeling nothing but anger and sadness.

"I'm so sorry, Camila. I'm so sorry," she sobbed.

I sighed, wiping the tear that was rolling down my cheek. "I know."

I walked back into the classroom and sat at my table, which was now full. Tori noticed my blood-shot eyes and put a hand on my arm.

"Are you alright?"

I shrugged. "No. But I'm trying to be."

The bell then rung, signaling the start of the class.