Eventually

The bell rang, finally signaling the end of first period.

Camila sighed in relief as she speed walked over to Normani. "Alright, Mani. Let's go, let's go, let's go! Can't be late to second. I have an important softball game in p.e. against Troy and I have to beat him," she said.

Normani rolled her eyes. "Alright, alright. I'm hurrying. Chill."

Lauren walked up to the two as Normani put her stuff away. Camila internally screamed.

That softball game in p.e. wasn't the only reason she was so eager to get out of the classroom.

She had been in love with Lauren for three years. It frustrated her. What annoyed her is the fact that everyone knew. Well, most of them. Mainly just her friends and a couple other classmates who were nosy and overheard her conversations.

"Hey, Camz. Hi, Normani," she said with a small smile.

Camila smiled slightly, internally begging to be shot right then and there. "Hi, Laur. Nice shirt."

Lauren smiled and looked down at her 'The 1975' t-shirt. "Thanks," she said with her charming smirk.

Camila wanted to wipe that annoying smirk off the taller girl's face. But like... With her lips.

'Ugh' Camila thought.

"Alright, Mila. Let's go," Normani said, noticing Camila getting frustrated.

Lauren didn't notice though. She just said goodbye and turned to talk to some guy named Brad.

Camila sighed and quickly left the classroom with Normani following behind.

"I know, Mila. It's okay," Normani said reassuringly.

Camila frowned. "How is it possible that the one who makes me happy and makes me feel like I can do anything and the one who breaks my heart without even trying or noticing... how is it possible that they're the same person? It's not fair. It doesn't make sense."

"It's just... how things are, Mila. I don't know what to tell you. Sometimes the universe is cruel like that," Normani answered.

Camila sighed and shook her head. "What did I do to deserve this?"

Normani stopped in front of her next class and put a hand on Camila's shoulder. "It's not your fault. Sooner or later, you'll get over this. It may take days, weeks, months... maybe years. But you'll get over it eventually."

"I just... It's been three years. How much longer do I have to wait before I get over this?" Camila asked sadly.

"Unfortunately, I can't answer that. The bell is about to ring though, Mila. I'll see you later, alright?"

Camila nodded. "Alright. Bye, Mani."

"Bye, Mila."

Camila began walking to the locker room, thinking about what Normani said.

She wished she knew when and how long she'd have to wait before she got over this.

Normani was right though. No matter how long it would take, she would get over the green-eyed girl eventually.