After School Plans

I walked into the classroom, and immediately, a smile spread across my face. Sitting at her desk was Canila Cabello, the woman of my dreams. As I quickly made my way to my own seat, she looked up at me and grinned. 

"Hi, Lauren."

My heart thudded against my chest at the sound of her soft and sweet voice. It took a lot of concentration to not stutter as I responded. "Hey, Camz."

Her big, beautiful brown eyes looked directly into mine, and I became slightly nervous, wondering if she could hear the thumping of my heart. 

"How are you?" She asked as she ran a hand through her hair. I couldn't help but stare. 

"I-I'm great, How about you?" I cursed myself for stuttering. It was extremely frustrating that after four years, I still haven't figured out how to act normally around her. How could one person make me this nervous? 

The brown-eyed beauty giggled at my flustered state. "I'm good." She paused for a second, before continuing. "Hey, what are you doing after school today?"

"Nothing. I was gonna hang out at the library. I wanted to check out this book that I've been wanting to read for a while. Why?"

She tilted her head, and rested her chin on her hand. "Would you want to go with me to get some food? I was thinking Wingstop maybe?" 

My eyes widened. "Sure!" I said almost immediately. I cleared my throat as my face heated up. "I-I mean, sure. Why not?" 

Camila chuckled and nodded. "Okay, cool," she replied with a wink. 

I bit my lip, trying to steady my breathing. 'I need to chill out,' I thought to myself as I turned my attention to the front of the room

---

Camz: Heyy

Camz: Meet by the bathrooms?

I grinned down at my phone as I read the texts from Camila. Before typing a response, I looked toward the teacher to make sure he was distracted.

Me: Yup. 

Camila's reply came almost immediately.

Camz: Great! See you soon ;)

"Laur, can you hold this steady for me?" 

I looked up at my best friend, only to see she was struggling to keep a slide steady as she examined it under a microscope. 

"Ally, the clips are there for a reason," I sighed as I took her place. I looked through the eyepiece of the microscope to make sure the slide was in view, then adjusted the clips to keep it in place. "There. Happy?" I asked, backing away.

Ally hugged me and I stiffened. I wasn't a big fan of unwanted physical contact, and since Ally was, we have had countless discussions about this, but it never seemed to get through her head, because I have to pry her off of me. 

"Ally, we talked about this, remember?" 

"Sorry," the shorter girl giggled. "I keep forgetting."

"I know. And I keep reminding you," I said, rolling my eyes. "Anyway, guess who I'm hanging out with after school."

Ally hummed in response as she looked through the microscope. "Camila."

I raised an eyebrow. "How did you guess so easily?" 

Ally chuckled, while she changed the magnification. "You only ever act this happy when you hang out with her. You have like... a specific facial expression. We call it your 'Camila face' because only Camila makes a smile that big appear on your face."