Love Her Better

I stared at Lauren as she sat there, texting her boyfriend. It hurt so badly.

I would love her better. Better than he ever would.

I had been hopelessly in love with her for five years. She was the absolute most amazing girl in the world. She was beautiful, smart, funny, kind, and an overall just wonderful person. She had the softest hair I've ever touched and the most beautiful pair of emerald green eyes that I've ever had the privilege of looking in to. Her skin was so smooth and her voice would send shivers down my spine. Every touch from her ignited a fire within me that would be nearly impossible to extinguish. She always knew exactly what to say to lift my mood. She always said the right things to make me laugh. She knew how to make me happy.

But he made her happy.

I wish she'd see that he wasn't as great as she believed him to be. She saw him as this perfect man who wouldn't ever do wrong. She was incorrect.

---Flashback---

Dinah and I walked out of the store, finally done with our Christmas shopping. We'd spent four hours getting stuff for the rest of the girls. Normani and Ally were somewhat easy to shop for, but Lauren was the real challenge. Normani would be happy with a copy of Beyonce's new album, and Ally had been very fond of scented candles lately. But Lauren... it's hard to tell what she'd want. Sure, I knew what stuff the green-eyed girl liked, but nothing seemed good enough. I believed Lauren deserved the best, so that's what I wanted to give her.

"Think she'd want tickets to see The 1975 in concert?" I asked the tall Polynesian girl beside me.

Dinah shrugged. "Concert tickets sound like a lot of money, Mila."

"They're not that much money. I bet tickets are around $50," I giggled.

"Well-"

We stopped in our tracks the moment we saw them. It was Ty, Lauren's boyfriend, and some redheaded girl who looked to be in her late twenties. They were getting awfully... close.

"Is that..." Dinah trailed off, her hands forming fists.

"I'm going to kill that bastard," I growled, dropping the bags and quickly making my way towards the cheating asshole and his side hoe.

"Wait, don't cause a... scene..." Dinah sighed, knowing it was too late to hold me back.

"What the fuck do you think you're doing?" I asked angrily, sending a cold glare to the woman. She raised an eyebrow and stood up.

"Um, excuse me, can we help you?" She asked in a snobby tone of voice.

'Oh, HELL no,' I thought. "Yeah, you can help by getting your skinny ass out of here," I muttered.

"Who do you think you are, you bitch?"

"The best friend of this cheating dickhead's girlfriend."

The girl tilts her head and looks at Ty. He just shrugged and stood up. "I'll be on my way now, ladies." He then looked at the girl and winked. "Call me," he said with a smirk.

"Stop right there, you two-timing pig," I demanded.

Ty rolled his eyes. "I have a girlfriend to get home to. I don't think she'd appreciate her 'friends' assaulting me while I'm shopping for her Christmas present."

I furrowed my eyebrows. "Since when the fuck does 'shopping for Christmas presents' mean cheating on your girlfriend?"